Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What is up with some of these Clubs?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bad Brains, Nov 16, 2004.

1. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    I have always wondered about this. Many of clubs around here only let guys in if they are 21 or over, but they let girls in who are 18 or over. What is the reason for this?

(Keep in mind I don't go to clubs thank god. I already have a pretty good idea why this is so, I just want to know what you people think)

2. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Are you really asking this question?

Its so more girls go. More girls = more guys.

More money!

Plus, younger girls = easier. That means more guys will want to go that means more money.

3. I would imagine it's eye candy to encourage the older men to show up and ogle...

It's 19+ firm here if it's after 9PM

4. Obviously It does'nt take brains to figure this one out

Look at it this way If you were a guy looking for a good time at a nightclub and you had a choice between a club full of guys or a club full of girls which one would go to?
    But I realise some might choose...............R18 :bag:

5. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Keep in mind that some clubs get in trouble for this.

Recently many clubs in Miami came under fire for "ladies night" practices where girls drink free on Thursdays. People said it was a sexist policy and was discriminatory. I forgot/dont care about the outcome, but they also attacked the age policies with the same reasoning.

6. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    They got rid of "ladies drink free" in Massachusetts some years back but not for discrimination reasons, it was part of the whole DWI crackdown that also eliminated happy hours and other drink specials.

7. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    It's funny how you are crammed with information about how taking advantage of girls who are drunk is wrong/illigle, but then on the flip side they encourage it. Strange world.

8. usually, busy places do this regardless of age. if you've ever been in line for a frat party, you know that girls get priority way over guys.

9. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    well, the not of age thing is not cool unless the club is commited to not selling alcohol to minors. Regardless, it seems like they could get into trouble if they are admitting women under 21 and not men (go ahead, report it and see what happens - as a father of two girls i don't think that's cool)

This does remind me that i need to get in a band that plays more music that women like. Funny, if women show up to see you play, so will men, and the club will be happy, and you will get paid more :)

Still, from an ethical standpoint, the legality of admitting underage persons based on sex seems dubious at best. :meh:

10. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Whatever, i dont care. I love going clubbing and im continuously thankful of manchester's excellent rock-club-scene.

Having said that, I'd like to point out that i go out to dacing, whilst looking good. I drink bottled water out of preference whilst im there, and my girlfriend is normally somewhere else in said club, so its not like im going out to be a big perv, or anything :D!

11. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    wouldnt it be awesome if clubs had "ugly fat hairy guys drink free" nights... man would i get loaded...

12. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    I cant see the queues at kindergartens... :bag:

13. Frank Martin

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    I've heard some rumors that Backstreet Boys are reforming and need one more member.

:D :D :D :D :D

J/k :p

14. IvanMike

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    note to self: gotta take dancing and lip syncing lessons

15. You'd have a great built in gimmick! A bit of advice- stick with the two girls. Someone dancing, lip synching and being two girls (or a father) will have it going on. :p

16. Uh huh-huh-huh-huh...he said member...

17. IvanMike

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    lol, i meant as a father OF two girls, as in i am one. :p
    granted, they're only 12 and 9, but time flies. I have nothing against "ladies night" but admitting 18 year old girls while restricting men to 21 and over = using said girls as "bait", plain and simple. Sure, they're technically adults, but just barely. :meh:

18. Oooohhhh... I get it... "of"

Well, there goes your gimmick.

:p

19. Frank Martin

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    :eyebrow:

Yeah. And?

20. Duhhhh

What club do you want to go to ?

1) lots of 18 yr old female hotness
    2) lots of 19 yr old punk guy's

1) 18 yr old female hotness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!