1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What is/was your aim in life???

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jackcregg, Aug 16, 2007.

1. jackcregg

jackcregg Guest

Feb 25, 2007
    Mine is to be a doctor and to live on a road outside of our town because it is amazing

2. Mostly a TB mod...

After that I wanted to be a rock star, but realized my teacher who was amazing, was walking to work. :eek:

Now I just want to be a unknown person in a huge corporation...:D

3. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    My aim in life is to eat three square meals a day until I die at a ripe old age.

4. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    perfect fenderjazz68!

(if you are serious about modding, it doesn't hurt to let Paul know)

Myself: I wanted to be a companion animal vet until I found out you need to cut them to fix them... I never even took Biology in HS! I was able to play the system and went from Earth Science to Chemistry & Physics :ninja:

Spent a decade in "Rock Star" mod... played a lot of gigs, recorded, heard myself on the radio...

Today I just want to enjoy my day. I work in a field I like (weekends & graveyard shift... a ghost of a ghost to management), I play music everyday, I hang out with my wife / best friend everyday AND I mod on TB :bassist:

5. shoeline

shoeline

Jan 13, 2006
    Nova Scotia
    to be a rockstar and a nurse on the weekend.

6. Bryan316

Bryan316 Banned

Dec 20, 2006
    Detroit
    My only goal, is to NEVER forget how to throw the horns.

\m/ \m/

7. mjolnir

mjolnir Thor's Hammer 2.1.3beta

Jun 15, 2006
    Houston, TX
    I wanted to be a teacher. I even went to college for Music Ed for a year. Didn't work out too well.

Now I'm happy with a little thump here and there and a laid back IT job (or as laid back as an IT job can get... :D)

8. im going to school for audio production and i would love to get a job engineering in a recording studio.

9. Tomis17

Tomis17

Jan 21, 2007
    Wisconsin
    You might have to start out opening your own studio. that's how most big studio are started. The possibility of someone highering an engineer is slim.

Back to topic, I wanted to become a wealthy rockstar for a long time until I realize I wasn't cut for that. Then I thought if I can't be a rockstar, I'll work with rockstars as a sound engineer. That didn't happen. Then I thought if I can't be a rockstar or a sound engineer, I support them by going to their shows. That's not going happen. It's hella expensive!!! Now I'm going to post as many threads as I can complaining about how my dreams will never come true. :crying:

10. "Have a good time, all the time."

11. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Just to be happy, and do what it takes to be so.

12. I think I could work in a haberdashery.

13. zazz

zazz

Feb 27, 2004
    Cebu
    to never to have to work to pay the rent/mortage!!

14. Ed Goode

Ed Goode Jersey to Georgia Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    My goal was to be a full time musician ..... went to a high profile school, graduated, and became a professional musician for over 20 years. During that time I made about 300 major mistakes in my life and basically screwed up everything I had worked so hard for.

I was totally re-educated, got a day gig and advanced quickly to where I'm now the guy in charge of a regional environmental construction company. My life is finally stable, my finances are strong, I play the bass with amazing consistency for pay and life is generally much better than I ever hoped/dreamed.

What you want to be, what you become, what you F-up, and where you finally end up are rarely inter-related. Make your plans, dream your dreams and enjoy what you're doing while you can .... :cool:

15. jomahu

jomahu

Dec 15, 2004
    Bos, MA
    full-time musician. don't need to be a rock star, have a #1 album, or any of those pipe dreams. just want to make a living playing music.

16. tycobb73

tycobb73

Jul 23, 2006
    Grand Rapids MI
    Raise my 2 children to become law obiding, productive members of society.

17. need4mospd

need4mospd

Dec 22, 2005
    Houston
    My aim in life is to remembered as a good guy.

18. Chipsonfire

Chipsonfire

Jul 20, 2007
    Socorro, NM
    Graduate with a Mechanical Engineering degree, possibly get a Psych degree, possibly get an Explosives Engineering Masters, get on a design team somewhere, get a family, raise some kids, live happy, play music on the side :)

19. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I want to know everything. But that'll never happen, but the quest never ends. I'm constantly learning and looking for more to learn.

I want a family, my own home, and to bust my own hump mowing my lawn. I want to restore a car, and own a few vintage bikes. I want projects that are art, but also functional, and of course, I want to hear myself on the radio. It's the little things in life I look forward to, but only the family REALLY matters.

20. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    To meet Bruce Lindfield.