What is with people???

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Trevorus, Sep 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Has anyone else heard of the people shooting at rescue helecopters in Louisianna? Is it jsut me, or is that insane??? The violence and such is purely insane, and they are keeping people from being able to restore order, and really are hurting themselves and their fellow man.
  2. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Yep, read something about that and I was apalled!

Why on earth would someone do a thing like that. :confused:
  3. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I heard they also fired on an ambulance.
  4. I heard the same thing. They were trying to evacuate the hospital patients, came under fire. They tried to go out the other side of the building, but about 20 min later came under fire there too. Not sure if it was same idiot or new person.

Its like Mad Max at the Superdome instead of Thunderdome.

5. It's really not good down there, and I'm not talking about the storm.

Apparently, there are still alot of people down there that have had absolutely no help what so ever and the rescue operations are going very slow. The helicopters are simply flying over hundreds of people and reporting where they are, but that's it.

When these people were interviewed on the news, they were expecting the helicopters to drop some supplies, they have had no food or water since they have been stranded. Most of them are from below the poverty level who simply could not afford to leave, and some are gang members. That would explain the shootings. It is very stupid, but in those circumstances people get very desperate. I was baffled when I first heard it as well, but they are on the verge of a riot situation. Shooting at the people that are going to help you is insane, and I don't understand it myself, but to say things are tense down there would be a large understatement.

People are dying well waiting in line for help. Mostly the old, and sick. Some are simply dying from heat exhaustion and lack of food and water. The news showed some very disturbing video. One girl going into diabetic shock, mothers with young children watching their health deteriorate. There are dead people lying in the super dome. Even the police have to loot in order to feed them selves when on patrol. One would think that with all the warning we had of Katrina, a quicker responds would have happened. It is far bigger problem than anyone has expected.
  6. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    There was a report that some folks shot at the helicopters to get their attention so their family can be rescued.

A man's gotta do what he's gotta do in some situations I guess. :(
  7. You could try signalling them in other ways... the people that shoot at helicopters should be shot back at. They're helping society break down.
  8. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    While I'm not trying to downplay the severity of the hurricane, because it's obviously a HUGE disaster, I would hate to see America if something national happened like a full nuclear strike. :(
  9. superfly

Aug 4, 2004
    I'm going out tommorrow and stock up on ammo. When that big quake hits here in So Cal its gonna be every man for himself. Its seems like the animals come out from under their rocks when catastrophe's happen.
    I can understand having to find food,clothing and water where you can, but c'mon ,are you really gonna eat that stolen tv you just floated down the street?
  10. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    I have only one thing to say. What are the other countries doing in the world to help us? We have come to the rescue recently, it's time for them to come to our rescue :/

Side note: I hope they have, and that this post seems to be stupid. I really do...
  11. Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    Ahhh and you'd be called crazy if you said that a few weeks ago ;) Right on though. I'm a lot more afraid of New Yorkers coming to get me than terrorists or natural disasters.
  12. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    I have 700 rds of 45 ACP, 500 rds of 38 Sp and 1200 rds of 5.56x45

I love rolling my own :hyper:
  13. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    I'm with you. But what do you do when you have nothing that burns and the helo is a mile away?
  14. I heard on person on the new who said, people looting (homes) should be shot on site and left to float with a piece of paper that says "Looter" taped to their chest.

I think he was a cop. :smug:
  15. Its even stupider than you can imagine. Not you, our govt. Canada has a special team, DART, that they use for a quick response force to respond to disasters. They are stuck at the border because Homeland Security won't let them in the country. Apparently we don't want to be embarassed by Canada being able to mobilize relief faster than we can?

They can produce 50,000 litres of drinking water a day, for instance.

US won't allow Canadian rescue team into the country

16. adisu

adisu I admit it, I'm a "user"

Apr 8, 2005
    So everything I saw on the movie "Bowling for Columbine" was true , all of you americans keep guns and rifles and home for dark ages like this.

What happens there sound to be like going back to ancient times only with guns.....
  17. Hu? What does this have to do with Bowling for Columbine?

And I may or may not be reading too far into your post, but are you implying that there wouldn't riots/violence etc if something similar happened in another country, or that everyone would be peaceful if they didn't have firearms? There's always going to be lowlifes who do this type of thing no matter where you go, so drop the anti-American sentiment.
  18. bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Very few countries in the world live like that or need to live like that.
  19. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Don't throw stones in a glass house.

20. adisu

adisu I admit it, I'm a "user"

Apr 8, 2005
    I'm form Israel and although it seems like we have lot's of dangers around here still it's very hard to get guns and rifle just like that and hold them in your house.
    You need go through many tests , shooting test, psychological tests and renew the license every year.
    It really reduce the amount of people who holds weapon for no reason.

(BTW BMC i see you are from Switzerland so good luck in the game tommorow ....but i hope we're gonna' win :) )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.