Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

WHAT IS YOUR AFTER GIG RITUAL?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by puttz buster, Sep 27, 2004.

1. I usually either go out with hospitality staffmates till 3 or 4, or I come home, smack some food (always) and get on the computer til 5 or 6 in the morning. I can never go to bed straight after a gig.

2. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    I like a little romp in the bedroom with my wife after a gig.

3. :D Nice 1. gotta like those apples! Now and then, I try slamming the doors when I come in at 4....." to try " and "accidently" wake my missus........ yeah........ no dice.

4. dlloyd

dlloyd zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Apr 21, 2004
    Scotland
    Get drunk.

5. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    Pack up. Go home. Shower (seemingly everybody smokes in Europe). Surf TB. Crash.

6. mnadelin

mnadelin

Apr 6, 2003
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Same here. The adrenaline rush is too much for me to just crash right away. Sometimes I go out with band mates to get some food and chill. Usually I just go home and do stuff on the computer for a few hours.

7. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    No matter how exhausting the gig is I cant just go to sleep.

I usually stay up for hours totally wired.

I will fall asleep though if I end up back at a buddies place just hanging out with friends in a very relaxed atmosphere. It takes a really really really relaxed laid back vibe to get me to come down after a gig though.

8. suicas

suicas

Mar 12, 2004
    UK
  9. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I pose for pix and sign lots of autographs, and mingle with the crowd whilst having my customary double shot of Jamesons. Sometimes there's an interveiw involved before and after the gig. Also, I give bass advice to anyone stupid enough to ask me!

10. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    Most of the time I take about 10 ladies back to my van where we drink a bottle of Courvoisier and let nature happen. :D

Ok the real story is that after a gig I might hit a 7eleven and grab a hot dog or something and drive home and go to bed so I can get up early and get stuff done.

11. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I forgot about that!

No, not the girls... the junk food from 7-11.

I usually get a slim jim or two and a bag of chips. Its a bit different from the sushi I like to get pre-gig.

12. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland

No 7-11's in Geneva, but there is a great Turish shawarma restaurant downtown near the train station that is open late. If we're playing downtown, it's a target. Nothing like a gutfull of shawarma chased with a coke, to produce some rather pleasant belches worth sharing with the lads.

13. The band usually hits a UDF (United Dairy Farmers - It's a Cincy thing) for a chocolate malt, or we head for the house! Waffle House that is -- we usually go there when our guitarist/singer needs to sober up before we let him drive home! There's nothing like Waffle House tennants at 3AM!!

14. Squidfinger

Squidfinger I wish I could sing like Rick Danko.

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA
    Do lines off of strippers arses. Then I wake up and realize I've never played a real gig (nor do I use speed). :rollno:

15. ONYX

ONYX

Apr 14, 2000
    Michigan
    Collect any money owed to me.

Pack up.

Have a beer.

Go home and watch TV until 5 or 6 am.

16. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Cocain*

17. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    i used to go eat, but now since i'm raising my Rottweiler, i rush home to take him out for a piss and poop.

18. mattmcnewf

mattmcnewf

May 27, 2004
    i get home spend 3 or 4 hours thinking about i gotta get more dedicated and praticing musically, so i can better than the bands i'm playing with. Too bad i never do it. Actually just watching a show gives me the burst of energy

19. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

yeah , that's about right ...
    sometimes i get lucky and the wife is still awake .
    :cool:
    edit : guess i should have mentioned i was talking about MY wife !!

20. same here...i don't know about you guys, but i have heavy gear in my peavey 1810 that i have to carry myself so i get tired...i take a shower to get the smoke smell out, and crash.

Charlie