1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

What is your earliest memory ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Aug 15, 2007.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

What is your earliest memory ? At this point I would say it was buring my arm on an open oven door , I was about 3 at the time.

2. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    every so often I get this image in my head of a human like shape of pure energy walking past my crib when I was an infant or toddler. I don't know if it was a dream or something playing tricks with my very young eyes. All I know is that it must have scared me very much when I was very young as I still remember it and see it in my mind...

3. I think it was when I was about 2 1/2.

My family was in Scotland, my father was stationed at Prestwick AFB there at the time. It was a beautiful summer day, Robin's Egg blue sky without a cloud in sight, my mother and I were at the base, near the flight line, I can remember seeing the planes (C-130's) lined up. I was fascinated by a caterpillar that was crawling in a bush beside the sidewalk.

:)

4. rap138

rap138

May 29, 2007
    south of Spain
    being in a queue to get food with my mum during very rough times in my home country, loooooong queue and very hot day, perfect stuff to get imprinted in my brain :)

5. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    I don't know how many months old but I remember my mother washing me in a bathroom basin with a blue washcloth. It was a tan basin.

Mom said I was 6-7 months at the time and couldn't figure out how I could remember that because she only washed me in the basin a few times.

6. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Alvaro Martín Gómez A. TalkBass' resident Bongo + cowbell player

When I was four, we lived in a big house in which my dad also had his bakery. I remember there were lots of paper rolls there and I used them for scribbling.

7. dlloyd

dlloyd zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Apr 21, 2004
    Scotland
    I remember being given a toy car (a green VW beetle) when I was 1 year old.

8. Rune Bivrin

Rune Bivrin Supporting Member

Oct 2, 2006
    Huddinge, Sweden
    Just after midnight, almost every day.

9. Chipsonfire

Chipsonfire

Jul 20, 2007
    Socorro, NM
    I have several memories of when we lived in CO. We lived there up until around my 5th birthday, so probably around 3 or 4. Theres one involving the babysitter allowing me to use her finger paints :) Another involving me riding on our dog, Sam's, back while holding on to his ears lol. Another where I was climbing up a wet slide after it had rained, slipping and knocking the crap out of my front tooth. A few more all around the same time frame.

10. JimS

JimS Supporting Member

The latest TB thread on prostitutes.

My parent's apartment when I was 2 years old.

11. Brendan

Brendan Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Noon.

12. my earliest memory is posing for a family photo when i was about 4 maybe a little younger.

13. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Being at my mam's best friends house while she breast fed her son.

14. The_D

The_D Well, thats like your opinion. Man...

Mar 20, 2004
    Fife, Scotland
    I remember not being able to reach the light switches in my old house. They werent especially high up I was just tiny. No idea how old I was though.

15. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    I remember going to a party with my dad and coming home with my mom.

16. I think I was about 3. I was over at my Godparent's house and I remember their son having alot of cool toys, but he yelled at me when I tried to touch them. :(

Anything earlier than that I can only recall from photographs.

17. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    :eek: Sounds like a bit of a cow!

18. MonetBass

MonetBass ♪ Just listen ♫ Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2006
    Tulsa, OK
    Unfortunately, one of my earliest memories is seeing my father in the hospital right before he died from cancer. I was almost four. He was 34. :bawl:

19. slidoom

slidoom

May 10, 2007
    i stepped on glass when i was six...it hurt like hell.

20. froovs

froovs

Mar 17, 2005
    scotland
    hundreds of ladybirds marching across a path in my uncles garden

cheers
    Lucy