1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What is your favorite 210 Cabinet?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by therh, Apr 22, 2010.

1. therh

therh

Mar 16, 2010
    Houston, Texas
    Hello,

I am looking to downsize from a 4 10 to a 2 10 cabinet. I am not sure what to get and need some help. Currently I am running a Hartke 410 with an Ampeg SVT III. Any recommendations are welcome.

Thanks,
    RH

2. Neither is a modern, neo lightweight; but I still like the Bergantino HT210 and the Acme Low B-2.

3. SanDiegoHarry

SanDiegoHarry Banned Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    Epi NYC 2x10. It is the shiz.

4. VroomVroom

VroomVroom Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2007
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Budget? Lots of ground to cover.

I can tell you I was recently knocked out by the Bergantino HS210. That'd probably be my first choice.

5. RTL

RTL House Chicken Enthusiast Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Leander, TX
    +3,000

Berg HS210 is freakin' ridiculous.

6. Nice cab. Had one for a while. It is quite tight in the low end, and very warm and smooth. That works great with some heads. With the mid voiced and grindy SVT IIIpro... not sure... might be a bit thin down low in the deep low end (which is not necessarily a bad thing... depends on the tone goal of the OP). The AE210 might work better with that head... a bit more open down low, a bit more polite in the low mids, and a bit more aggressive up top.

I'm very impressed with the new TC RS210... a bit similar to the HS210 (warm, tight, smooth), but with a MUCH nice tweeter to my ear, and about half the price. Really impressive 210 if you are going for that 'modern meets old school' sort of tight, warm, punchy, smooth sort of vibe, without overwhelming lows or super sizzly highs.

IMO and IME.

7. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN"

Oct 11, 2009
    MEXICANADAMERICA
    the MarkBass Traveler 102p is a BEAST at only 33lb.!!! comes in 4 or 8ohms.

8. +100
    Not the best stand alone cab in my opinion and didnt cut through as well as a old cheap hughes kettner 4x10 cab thats probobaly worth $100.
    The HS210 is a nice sounding cab just doesnt make sense to have that much tied up in a small selective cab that lacks bottom.
    Avatar 2x10 is a great full range stand alone cab just not as accurate as the berg,Eden XLT is also good cab but a little heavy.
    Aguilar GS-210 very heavy and upper mid scooped if thats your thing it would work.
    There are lots of others but these are the one's I have owned.

9. I like Bag End very much, with or without the tweeter, although I prefer without.

10. therh

therh

Mar 16, 2010
    Houston, Texas
    I am looking to spend about $300-600.

11. Bass Collector

Bass Collector

Aug 14, 2008
    Eden D210XST is my fave 210

12. mikeyswood

mikeyswood Banned

Jul 22, 2007
    Cincinnati OH
    Luthier of Michael Wayne Instruments
    Agreed!

13. therh

therh

Mar 16, 2010
    Houston, Texas
    If it helps I will be playing jazz, blues, and a some rock with J Bass copy running EMG actives.

14. Bass2Bass7

Bass2Bass7

Sep 11, 2008
    Seattle
    Endorsing Artist: Performance Guitars, Ashdown Amplification & DR Strings
    I have been using an Uncontained Souund 2x10 for almost 3 years now. I will never use anything else! Powered 450 watt cab, You don't even need a head or preamp! If you have an active bass thats all you need if your bass is passive you may need a vol boost. I run my basses direct into the cab just have and EBS compressor in between. Good luck with your search.

15. ExaltBass

ExaltBass Gold Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2006
    Twin Cities, MN
    Either the Eden D210XLT or D210XST work for me - and they combo up very nice too.

SRB-ColiseumFeb2009-IMG_0319.

16. musicbikeman

musicbikeman

Aug 10, 2009
    Michigan
    Totally agreed. The TC rebel head is trying to be an SVT as a solid state, and the cabs are designed to gradually grow into a nice growl on the low end, and with the SVT I'm sure that it would go really well together. And at 400-500 bucks, the 210 is a great buy.

17. shoot-r

shoot-r

May 26, 2007
    Illinois
    Avatar Neo 210...$319.00 plus shipping.
    I've got two of them that I use as a vertical stacked 410,
    Love em'.
    www.avatarspeakers.com

18. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru.......... Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2006
    EV B-210

19. therh

therh

Mar 16, 2010
    Houston, Texas
    On that Avatar, how low does it go? I do not need a ton of low end but I want something smooth.

20. CElton

CElton I'm a new note finder...

Epi UL310. :ninja: