1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What is Your Favorite 5 String Long/Long Jazz Set?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by donahue, Oct 11, 2017.

1. donahue

donahue Supporting Member

Jun 10, 2015
    Oregon
    I've been looking at some replacement pickups for my Warwick 5ers and the options are a little limited. I think the gold mec pups sounds pretty good but not as nice as my EMG JAX set in my 4 string. What I would really like is a L/L EMG JAX 5 string set but I do not think that exists. What are some of my other options? What do you all prefer and why?

Thanks

2. You may want to drop a line to EMG first before assuming they don't make it in that size.
    Personally, I am a big fan of Delano JMVC FE's and I know they make it in that size. Soundwise, they are on the punchy-Musicman-ish side.

donahue likes this.
  3. donahue

donahue Supporting Member

Jun 10, 2015
    Oregon
    I emailed EMG. Waiting to hear back. Does anyone else have experience with a 5 string L/L jazz set? Which ones you prefer? What choices are out there?

Thanks

4. Tewest86

Tewest86 Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2007
    Houston, Tx
    Diamarzio Area J 5
    Bartolini B-axis J45 L/LN
    Nordstrand N5S

Frenchy-Lefty and donahue like this.