1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

What is your favorite animated movie?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Dan Molina, Aug 19, 2007.

1. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    Mine would have to be Toy Story.

Close runner ups are All Dogs go to Heaven, Antz, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, and Team America.

2. Tough call, i'd probably go with Ghost in the Shell, no matter how often I watch it, its always great :)

3. D Von

D Von

Nov 13, 2005
    Rhode Island
    The Brave Little Toaster

4. Dan Molina

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    I haven't seen that one in years. Good call.

5. Ive never seen it, but I have always wanted to, I used to have a PC game that was based on it (well, its sequel) called Heavy Metal FAKK

6. A great movie but probably very dated by todays standards. I remember seeing it and beeing in the PERFECT "state of mind" :cool: That was a trip :eek: :)

7. Dan Molina

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
  8. Akira.

9. Devo RAWKS Man!!!!! :bassist:

:bag:

10. hartke20g

hartke20g

Apr 12, 2006
    miami, FL
    i'd have to say Cars. the toy story series is good, but they never made me really think too much.
    also, i like the 'made for TV' movies of cartoons i used to watch a lot.

11. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    Fire & Ice

12. All great answers!!!

13. Linas

Linas

Jan 6, 2005
    Chicago
    Closed Mondays.

14. Bo_H

Bo_H

Jul 2, 2004
    Titan AE

Bo

15. hartke20g

hartke20g

Apr 12, 2006
    miami, FL
    POKEMON the movie 1-20!!!! :rolleyes: i jest, i jest. honestly though, how many did they make? i saw the first one when it still had a really big craze, but the others just look worse.
    and i've never liked Antz- they looked too 'real'.

16. froovs

froovs

Mar 17, 2005
    scotland
  17. Afro Samurai!

18. hbarcat

hbarcat Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2006
    Rochelle, Illinois
    I love animated movies. A few of my favorites:

Fantasia - Disney movie featuring fantasy style animated scenes over numerous classical music pieces. It was great watching it in the theater; 'Churnabog' is awesome on a big screen with 'Night on Bald Mountain' blasting over a THX theater sound system. A truly unique film for many decades until Fantasia 2 came along a few years ago (but the sequel kinda' sucked).

Rover Dangerfield - Cute little story featuring Rodney Dangerfield as a cartoon city dog on an adventure to the farm. Also cute is the ending where the mean boyfriend of Rover's owner gets bumped off by the mob.

Who Framed Roger Rabbit? - She's just drawn bad.

The Brave Little Toaster - Cute, but totally tripped out story about a collection of household appliances that travel the countryside.

Aladdin - I think it's the best of the non-vintage Disney movies.

South Park: the Movie - Words are inadequate to describe it. Not for the easily offended.

Spirited Away - Made in 2001, a high quality Japanese cartoon in the style of a modern, Asian mystical version of Alice in Wonderland.

Sleeping Beauty - I think it's the best of the vintage Disney films. Has a much darker mood than any of the others.

Beavis and Butthead Do America - I admit this movie is completely stupid, but I laughed myself sick watching it.

And many others........ ;)

19. middy

middy

Mar 14, 2007
    Texas