1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What is your favorite bass chorus pedal?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by DLI848, May 19, 2011.

1. arbitrary

arbitrary Supporting Member

Oct 24, 2005
    Boston, MA
    +1!!! Such a musical chorus pedal.

I'm not a fan of the deep setting (time delay) on the analogman, I have yet to try the other settings. I've also like the boss ce-5, maxon cs-550, fulltone choralflange, and the maxon cs-9 (but it is sensitive to a high output). I've heard good things about the mxr stereo chorus, but haven't played one.

2. jay tay

jay tay

Aug 12, 2009
    Manchester UK
    I also like the danelectro chorus for guitar, works really nice with bass, but now I have a chorus built into my amp, so I just use that nowadays, sorry I can't help!

3. alexa.

alexa.

Jan 31, 2011
    Croatia
    Tnx!
    Hm, too bad the clone is really hissy, and I didn't fancy the DC-2 clips enough. I want a metallic, shimmering, cutting chorus, that makes your fingers sound almost like a pick, and doesn't have a pronounced rate while still retaining a strong wide cutting sound.

Thought my best bet was actually micro-pitch shifting. Have a Boss CE-3, and I really dislike the fact that the rate cuts the width of the pitch-transposition effect.

Any ideas? Cuz I'm kinda lost right now.

4. Taurus Vechoor Multi-Stereo Chorus, awesome vintage sound.

5. Bassmike62

Bassmike62 Punch'n Ooomph !! Supporting Member

Hmm... I have 2 right now, the Boss CEB-3 and EHX Neo Clone. There both on the board for now. When I grow up, I'll get an Analogman or that big yellow MXR thing.

6. dmonroe

dmonroe

Jun 16, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    Personally I love my T-Rex Sweeper. Can't beat it for the price.

7. kenstee

kenstee

Oct 9, 2009
    Analogman with Deep Toggle switch (set on Deep) running at 18v. Bass chorus heaven......

Seriously, the best bass chorus is the one you like best and works best for you. It's all totally subjective......

8. zippydog

zippydog Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2006
    Chicago
    Analogman with deep toggle.
    I've had many other high end chorus pedals and have come back to this pedal twice.....I'm a slow learner.

9. Bassmike62

Hope this ain't hijacking (not intended). Lots of guys agree on the Analogman choruses (while others like me salivate just at looking at one), but the Bi-chorus is rarely mentionned. Any specific reason ?

10. As you can probably see, the Analogman is quite expensive. Probably more expensive than you would like to pay just to try one. However, it is worth mentioning that they're based off of the Small Clone. So try out the Small Clone, I picked mine up for like 30 bucks, and if you like it, you'll REALLY freaking like the Analogman.

11. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    ChoralFlange would be my pref but given that Arbitrary dig's the ComsiChorus more, not having tried that one myself - I would give it a shot as well.

12. another vote for the analogman chorus with deep switch

13. Bassmike62

That would certainly explain at least part (if not all of) it. I picked-up a Neo Clone a couple of weeks ago, just to keep the Analogman GAS down. The Neo works well enough with bass (although with a little low-end loss, less obvious with the depth switch off), but still gassing. I'm keeping the Clone on the board with the Boss CEB-3, 'cause I like the idea of having chorus flexibility, hence the interest in the Bi-Chorus.

14. Crabby

Crabby

Dec 22, 2004
    I went all out a few years ago and bought a Diamond Halo Chorus and never looked back. It's pretty much perfect for bass in that there is no low end or volume loss, can be very thick and full or subtle id desired and has a blendable subtle phaser built in as well. Only downside is the price and the fact that its needs to be run either with the included power adaptor or a special cable for the Voodoo Labs PP2. Well worth it though if you are a chorus addict!

15. +1

..and because it's stereo, I can send a signal to both of my GK combos and get it "where I wanna be"....

16. Charley Umbria

Charley Umbria I'm Really a Drummer Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2011
    Rock City, TN
    I'm very happy with the Analogman mini chorus w/deep mod. I'd love to have the bi-chorus, so I could have two presets (slow and deep + shallow and fast), but my board is too small!

17. jg919

jg919

Jul 7, 2010
    NSW Australia
    Hi,
    I have an Ibanez CE10 - it's an old, old pedal from the 80's an was very limited in production. I bought it on ebay for $60, and saw a compressor from the same series go for $340 the other day.
    For bass, this pedal is the ultimate in what I've used - MXR, Boss, TC Electronics, EBS, plus a range of non-mass-production brands.
    The CE10 boosts the signal (adjustable), retaining great harmonics and bass end, and there are separate controls which cintrol 'warble' and 'shimmer' in the Depth and D-time knobs.
    Suffice to say, these pedals are rare to come by, but if you have the opportunity (and the cash) it's a purchase you won't regret.
    Thanks! John.

18. TheBoyWithABass

TheBoyWithABass

May 22, 2011
    Hi,
    Im a beginer and i want to buy, a pedal for my bass, something to make my rock sound better, which can i buy for les than 70 EUR??
    Please help!!!!

19. Bassoballs

Bassoballs

Nov 14, 2009
    Mid Michigan
    I use a Boss CE-5 and a t.c. electronic Chorus+