1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What is your favorite bass chorus pedal?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by DLI848, May 19, 2011.

1. IncX

IncX

Jul 23, 2007
    Philippines
    i'm currently using a Visual Sound H2O ... i got it for guitar, but i tried it on bass and it was very decent. i like it more than the boss Ce3 and Ce5, but i still think something is lacking.

for 'chorus situations,' i tend to reach out for my Red Witch Moonphaser ... i guess that makes me curious about the Red Witch Medusa/Empress ... its just hard to find a good deal off it, i dont wanna gamble $200 and above on a chorus pedal (since its hard to resell them in my country), the same reason why i havent tried an analogman chorus with deep switch too

2. fishtx

fishtx Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Genzler Amplification/Spector Basses/Mojo Hand FX
    I think there are a lot more fans of the TCE SCF than you think...me for one! It's a great chorus IMO, but I hate dealing with the AC power...

so I'm now using the TCE Corona Chorus now...It can do very subtle and shimmery, and get wet and lush also...

I also like the Boss CEB-3...and it don't get a lot of love in here...it's another subtle chorus...

I think there are guys that just like very subtle shimmery chorus thing, like me...and other guys who like a much wetter lush chorus sound...like the Analogman, etc...and that's cool too...

3. Kalik

Kalik

Apr 15, 2010
    France
    I forgot that I've had a TC SCF.. This one was way too subtle for me. But still a great pedal, except that dealing with the AC power was not convenient.

4. andvari7

andvari7

Aug 28, 2004
    Ennui
    I just pre-ordered a Moog MF-108M ClusterFlux this evening. I am very stupid, and should not have done it. However, if I don't like it, which is very unlikely, I can flip it for an outrageous price, and that does give me comfort. That, and the fact that I didn't pay for it all at once, and I can work enough hours to pay it off.

5. Basehead

Basehead Now with even more synthy goodness...

Jan 3, 2008
    New York NY
    I'm totally rockin' the SCF on my latest pedalboard. Stereo operation is a must - adds a bit of top end shimmer to your signal, which I LOVE on top of an OC-2 fed into a Copilot Orbit/IE Oxide/Source Audio MWBDP. Stereo adds cool modulated separation and the top end enhancenment brings out the upper harmonics in the distortions/fuzzes. I'll record some samples tonight.

I'll also be using the Chorus in an Eventide Modfactor, which IMHO, sounds great. I always need different flavors of Chorus to mess with....

6. CyberSnyder

CyberSnyder Gold Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Maryland
    I Endorse Alien Audio Basses
    Ibanez CS-9