Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What is your favorite Fender custom color?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JPJ, Jan 20, 2004.

1. Aztec Gold

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  2. Burgandy Mist

4 vote(s)
    12.1%
  3. Candy Apple Red

11 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Lake Placid Blue

14 vote(s)
    42.4%
  5. Sherwood Green

3 vote(s)
    9.1%
  1. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    I'm ordering a Lull P4 this week (black w/tortoise shell pickguard) and would like to get a M4V as well....something in a metallic color with matching headstock and rosewood fretboard. The only problem is that I like all of the colors so much that I can't seem to decide. Any help???

2. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Is aztec gold a gold color, or kinda white/gold like Shoreline gold?

Either way, gold, definitely.

3. You mean there is other colours than LPB? ;)

4. 20db pad

20db pad

Feb 11, 2003
    I been everywhere, man...
    None. At all.
    My taste leans toward CAR with the matching headstock and rosewood board. I'm not up on whether Mik Lull offers it yet, but block markers on the neck would be sharp, too. Kinda like the Benavente you have in stock now at the shop.

I like the red bass that Mike Merritt plays on Conan O'Brien. I think it's a Fender-esque finish - Fiesta Red, maybe?

5. I too like a red bass...its my fav colour...
    But the option wasnt givin :(

6. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    Yeah...Aztec gold is essentially Shoreline gold.

Mike does offer blocks and they make for a really sharp look. CAR is one of my favorite colors too! I LOVE the Bennie that I had made for NAMM, and my own personal bass has this paint scheme....CAR, matching headstock w/rosewood board. As much as I like it, though, I'm looking to try something different. Keep the votes coming.... :D

7. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Natural cocobolo by Alembic.

......Well, if you press me, their white looks great under good light cans as they change colors. But I had a pre-CBS Precis in glitter candy apple red that looked incredible until it was destroyed in a plane accident.

8. NeedMoreBass

NeedMoreBass unregistered

Feb 14, 2003
    Fiesta Red!! I have 2 Jazz basses w/matching headstocks this color and they are STUNNING!!

[​IMG]

9. GRoberts

GRoberts Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2003
    Tucson, AZ USA
    I voted Candy Apple Red. Did anyone see the Vintage Vortex Benavente basses from NAMM this year in CAR? They were stunning! a Very Metallic CAR that looked very very nice!

10. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    Roscoe5,
    Glad you liked those Bennies! The 5er with blocks was actually mine and the 6 was Brian's. Chris is giving it a tune-up now and I should have it shortly. I have a couple of photos up on my site if there's someone who didn't get to see it at the show.

11. sheepdog

sheepdog

Feb 20, 2003
    Birmingham, AL
    +1

my thoughts exactly

12. bucephylus

bucephylus Supporting Member Commercial User

Aug 18, 2002
    General Manager TecPadz LLC
  13. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I would've voted for antigua, but it wasn't available.

14. Yup, thats a great one too!

15. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Mine is Lake Placid Blue.

If I had a black Fender style bass, I'd put one of those black abalone / black pearl pickguards on it. They're very cool. I've seen a pic or two here on TB.

also http://www.pickguards.com/colors.htm

16. KPO2000

KPO2000 Supporting Member Supporting Member

Sep 5, 2001
    MA
    Another vote for Fiesta Red! That is one beautiful bass. Feel free to PM me with more info...and if you ever want to sell it!

17. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    Burgundy mist. Looks good with rosewood and awesome with a pau ferro board or maple.

Blue looks weird with rosewood, IMO. If you go blue, go with a maple FB.