1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

What is your favorite food? Does it like you?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by macaroni tony, Jan 19, 2012.

1. I really, really like Salmon. The problem is, it gives me horrible, bubbly and warm gas. And it's farts with a distinctive smell. And the fresher the salmon, the worster the gas. My wife hates it :atoz:

I also like shallow frying pork chops in peanut oil. It gives me some real, real bad mudbutt. I spent 20 minutes on the John this morning.

So I can't eat either as much as I would like to. Your thoughts and experiences?

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    TMI bro.

-Mike

3. thai food. but it burns twice. :meh:

4. pedroims

pedroims

Dec 19, 2007
    Michigan
    Thai, Mexican... I can eat everything

5. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    +1

Pad Thai is one of my favorite dishes of all time.
    I had some Sunday night, and my stomach wasnt right until dinner the next day.

6. Skitch it!

Skitch it!

Sep 6, 2010
    No worries with anything apart from Belgian beers like Duvel or Chimay, they cut things up a bit.

Anything else though, no bother.

7. I had Thai once, and it tore me up. But it never happened again...iono, maybe I've only had Americanized Thai since then

8. Luckily everything I like seems to like me back. There have been a few instances with my friends cooking (she likes spicy stuff on a whole 'nother level) but we've worked out that she wasn't, in fact, trying to kill me :D.

9. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    It doesnt seem to get me every time, but it sure did last Sunday.

10. jp58

jp58

Dec 9, 2009
    Tennessee
    Most foods I eat don't get to me. I might have to take a popsicle to the restroom with me, but I won't be sick or anything. My father, on the other hand, can just look at Mexican food or the like and get sick to his stomach.

Liquor is about the only thing that really gets to me.

11. Nonsense! Hast thou refused to contribute to my thread?

12. Skitch it!

Skitch it!

Sep 6, 2010
    I got food poisoning on a gig years back, it was so rough I couldn't feel embarrassed about it. I vomited behind the guitarist 2 - 3 times about the 4th song into the first set. After more shenanigans, from both ends, I sat on a bar stool with a bucket in a shaded corner and finished the gig so we got paid. It was a smaller place but there were still about 150 people and that fella from Iron Maiden, Janick Gers watching it go down.

That was a bad one :atoz:

13. LarryO

LarryO

Apr 4, 2004
    What's that stuff? We used to eat it all the time back in the day.....

14. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    If I eat too many habaneros, I get an upset stomach. Everything else is fine.

Actually....I stopped eating fast food a few months ago. We ended up having to eat some on our drive across country in October. I was sick afterwards....indigestion, upset stomach, and a headache. I think the headache was from white flour.

-Mike

15. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 20, 2004
    Madison WI
    HPF Technology LLC
    What's your diet like in general? You might be able to tolerate some of the richer foods if you cut down on the quantity and serve with lots of nice veggies, whole grains, etc.

My digestion goes to hell if I'm traveling and have to eat restaurant food for more than a couple days. I try to stop at a supermarket and get a mess of fruit and some good bread.

16. Bloodhammer

Bloodhammer Twinkle Twinkle Black Star

Jul 7, 2009
    Shreveport, Louisiana
    My favorite food is teppanyaki steak and vegetables and ironically it's the kind of food I have to eat when my guts are already all twisted together from eating greasy rich foods like what you get at Fridays.

I love that Japanese food is so light and easy on me.

17. colcifer

colcifer Esteemed Nitpicker Supporting Member

Feb 10, 2010
    A Galaxy Far, Far Away
    I have been known to eat too much salami, the aftereffects of excessive consumption of which can be unpleasant but totally worth it.

18. capnjim

capnjim

Mar 13, 2008
    Funny this thread came up...I have been battling with my weekly treat....grilled cheese with bacon at my work cafeteria...I think I have to quit. I feel absolutely disgusting after eating them (You can't have just one!), heartburn, gas, upset stomach. I'm getting too old and need to quit them. Not too mention, 3 different kinds of bad fat. margarine on the bread, oil on the grill, god knows what in the cheese.
    I'm done!!

19. I've always heard that people crave the foods that they're either allergic to, or sensitive to. Something to do with the way the body works. Strange, though it does seem to be true. I love Mexican food, but it doesn't like me. Stomach aches and usually goes through me the next day.

20. gustobassman

gustobassman I'm only here for the after party.. Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2011
    Sandy Eggo
    Any Shredded Beef burrito from any *real* taco shop. Gives me horrible heartburn before i even take a bite. You know, the kind where it feels like your entire stomach contents have decided to catch fire and slowly work their way up your esophagus? Where the box of Tums just sits and laughs at you for making such a ridiculous choice of food? Yeah.. that kind of heartburn. The combination of onions and peppers and the beef simmering in its own juices.... it is so, so good....

But it burns... so, so bad...