Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What is your favorite Godzilla movie???

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by NOISE!, Jul 11, 2004.

1. NOISE!

NOISE!

Jun 20, 2004
    In your mind
    For me it's a tie between King Kong vs. Godzilla and Godzilla King of the Monsters. :cool:

2. Mine is Godzilla versus Space Godzilla. I could watch that a bajillion times and never get bored. Yes, I said bajillion. :smug:

3. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    hahaha. gotta be godzilla 2000 man. definitely. i remember when i saw the previews for it or whatever, it said like that it had all new graphic technology and stuff, but i remember in the movie, the "villian"/space ship was like drawn onto the building. horrible movie, but i don't think i've laughed at a movie like that too many times. it was funny as hell to watch at least.

4. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    [hick voice]I like that one with Ferris Beuller. That kicked a$$, man.[/hick voice]

5. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    Godzilla King of the Monster it being the first, makes it the best one.

6. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    First in who's book?

That thing was so hacked from it's original edit it might have just been a different movie all together. Christ, it was an anti-american, anti-nuclear statement, and the US edit turned it into a Drive In flick. (Admittedly, it was, a bit, but nowhere near what the US edit did to it)

(<--- Is up on the Gojira action. Don't even try to play him like a sucker)

7. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada

My book

The official Godzilla Compendium by J.D Lees and Marc Cerasini printed in 1998 :D

Anyway I don't speak Japanese, so to me, this was the first one.

8. mechastreisand vs. sidney poitier and robert smith

9. No doubt about it, King Ghidorah.

10. That was my favourite one too.

11. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    the one where he destroys a town while fighting another huge monster :cool:

12. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Godzilla 2000

13. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    Ok I came off as a nerd there. I got that book when I was like 8 years old. It was my birthday present from my sister.

14. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I like that one too but not as much as the one with the Japanese people who's words don't match their mouth movements when they speak.

brad cook

15. Joe Boom

Joe Boom

Jun 25, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Dude! Three words.

Moth Ra !!!!!

16. I didn't know !!!!!! was a word. I guess I learn something new everyday. :D

Space Godzilla looks like a cross between a porcupine and a big scary thing. :D

17. Agreed.

18. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    The rarely seen (on TV or video) "Godzilla vs. The Smog Monster".

This was the beginning of the campy "Godzilla as good guy/protector" series of movies of the late 60's/early 70's.

19. NOISE!

NOISE!

Jun 20, 2004
    In your mind
    Zombie BUMP!
    [​IMG]

20. [​IMG]

Also known as "Godzilla Vs. The Bionic Monster" in its first American release (which was the title I saw it under) and then re-released and "Godzilla vs. The Cosmic Monster"