1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What is your favorite moment in music?

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by dukaruk, Sep 18, 2008.

1. dukaruk

dukaruk

Mar 12, 2008
    Saint Louis, MO
    We had a killer practice last night. Wrote 2 songs in a 3 hour practice that were good enough for us all to be extremely psyched while playing and talking endlessly about afterwards.

At the end of practice I started thinking that my favorite moment in the whole musical experience is the moment when a song comes together for the first time. Whether it's an original or a cover, everyone is hitting their parts and looking around the room thinking "how great is this.. right now". (well, that is what i'm thinking but I can tell everyone is thinking something similar)

Getting to the end of a good gig is a close second. Though if we ever build up a decent crowd size and get our stage act together I think it could take over the #1 spot.

So tell me... what is your favorite moment in music?

2. ryco

ryco

Apr 24, 2005
    When I come up with something new for a song idea

or

nailing a good solo

3. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI

The ten minutes or so after the gig is finished on Saturday night when I have a cold one in my hand, cash in my pocket, and loadout has yet to be commenced.

4. paganjack

paganjack

Dec 25, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    the moments in an improv jam when everyone spontaneously lines up to a new groove instantly after hitting and riding a sweet peak.

this took a long time for my band to be able to do with any sort of consistency.

5. gahpg

gahpg

Jun 30, 2007
    Brookfield IL
    For me, forgetting about all else and just being immersed in the song, especially when there's a bunch of people right in front of you enjoying what you're putting out.

Same as when i'm in the crowd; i'm enjoying it, forgetting about everything else in life and just rocking out.

6. bassbully

bassbully Endorsed by The PHALEX CORN BASS..mmm...corn!

Sep 7, 2006
    Blimp City USA
    Ya ...thats it..even better if my and the bands gear is loaded :)

7. scottbass

scottbass Bass lines like a big, funky giant

Jul 13, 2004
    Southern MN
    On stage in front of a good crowd when someone (usually not me) plays a lick or a solo that (a) no one, including them, has ever heard exactly that way before, and (b) fits PERFECTLY into the mood and emotion of how we are playing the song that particular show. Everyone looks at each other, nods, grins, and thinks "THIS is why I play."

8. getting laid :cool:

:bag: