1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What is your music store age?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by wizerd, Dec 5, 2018.

1. wizerd

wizerd

Jan 5, 2012
    Prone to ranting, episodes of moral outrage.
    We all have a chronological age and a metabolic age which can vary wildly depending on your habits and vices. What is your age when you walk into a music store? Personally I'm, 62, 90, and 12.

G-Z likes this.
  2. motoman

motoman

May 8, 2008
    Ontario canada
    I say 12 because at 12 I had no money to buy anything and now 43 same thing

Rum Ham, Bozendoka, PWRL and 7 others like this.
  3. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2011
    In all circumstances i stick to the old saw of “how old would you be if you didn’t know how old you were”.
    When people ask me how old i am i have to do a quick bit of math to be able to tell them because i truly never think about my age.
    These days i’m old enough to know better but still too young to care; or thereabouts.

4. Russell L

Russell L

Mar 5, 2011
    Cayce, SC
    I'm 68, but 13 in a music store because that was how old I was when I started playing guitar.

rmayer, saabfender and TolerancEJ like this.
  5. Wisebass

Wisebass

Jan 12, 2017
    Lost in Space
    Hi wizerd :)

18! :D

greetings

Wise(b)ass

saabfender, alanloomis1980 and JRA like this.
  6. MD

MD

Nov 7, 2000
    Marin Co. CA.
    I'm 60 outside the store.
    I'm 60 inside the store.
    I go into the store when I need something.
    I haven't been in the store in years.

IamGroot likes this.
  7. GIBrat51

GIBrat51 Innocent as the day is long Supporting Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Lost Wages, Nevada
    ^^THIS^^ pretty much. Except that I'm 67, and it's only about 4 months since I've been in the store (Sam Ash, for felt picks). When you're left handed, even if you were 12, or 20, or whatever - a trip to the store would be a disappointing waste of time...:cool:

8. One, I just go in to use the toilet.

saabfender and juancaminos like this.
  9. juancaminos

juancaminos Supporting Member

May 30, 2003
    USA, Phoenix, AZ
    Great question, unfortunatley I am old and...where was i

10. shawshank72

shawshank72

Mar 22, 2009
    Canada
    I’m 46, feel like 72, and I’m a teenager in the store.
    So many toys and too little money.

saabfender likes this.
  11. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    I'm 47. I guess I'm somewhere around 80 when I go into a music store.

First off, they usually have music playing that I've never heard of.

The place is a mess and I'm wondering why that kid over there with the nose ring is looking at his phone rather than cleaning up on the clock.

"What's with the slappity tappity stuff everybody is playing in the bass section???"

"Six bucks for a pack of picks????"

"FIFTY DOLLARS FOR A STRAP????"

"How come all these employees have tattoos on their necks?"

Get off my lawn!!!!

Seriously, TalkBass is my "store" most of the time.

mikewalker, DirtDog, rmayer and 9 others like this.
  12. Inky13

Inky13

Nov 13, 2016
    Buffalo NY
    Except when it’s employees only. I had to go so bad I applied for a job! (Old Rodney Dangerfield joke.)

mikewalker and S-Bigbottom like this.
  13. I only go into music stores to practice my slap technique. Age: 3.

14. I walk in, forget why I walked in, turn around and walk out. Age = 87

15. saabfender

saabfender Banned

Jan 10, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I like the question, in the old meaning of the word. Mine is the conceit than I'm in my late thirties. Always 39 like Jack Benny. Hey, why reinvent the wheel?

16. I am 66. When I walk into a store I see a lot of kids ages 18 to early 20s. I was that age once. I am most cool with what goes down at GC as I don't hang around there much.

Exception. Downtime in San Antonio and I went to GC. Had a nice horn shop next door. A young man was trying out basses, gave him some pointers on his playing and asked my opinion on which of three basses to buy to buy. We got to talking and I suggested he AB his choices on an amp close to what he already owned. Turned into a mini lesson on playing and modes until some little peick plugged into the amp next to us, cranked the volume up, and started slapping. He had that feces ingesting look on his face and then I remembered that I was still 66 and why I didn't hang in GC.

17. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2011
    I try used basses at GC but not plugged in at first. I first play it unplugged, if i still like it i’ll plug it in to make sure all the pots and pickups work then give it a good going over looking for bargaining chips. I never bother with the kids who think music is a competition, they eventually grow up or give up, either is fine by me.

saabfender and IamGroot like this.
  18. zontar

zontar

Feb 19, 2014
    J-5
    I'm still my age in terms of how I am perceived, but probably younger in my enthusiasm

19. Russell L

Russell L

Mar 5, 2011
    Cayce, SC
    I hate it when some young punk in a music store tries to educate me on music or guitar tech stuff from their alleged vast knowledge, as if I didn't know anyrhing and had never played much, AND tell me things that are actually wrong. But then I love it when I see the look on their puky face when I correct them, and even take the conversation beyond their understanding.

Lol, I'm being mean, ain't I?

20. You are not being mean, just acting like an instructor.