What is your occupation?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by John K., Apr 1, 2002.

1. I've noticed on this board that just about everybody seems to have alot of cash to shell out for their gear. I was kinda wonderin what you do to get the dough.

I'm still too young to have a job, but I just help some of my neighbors and stuff and get money doin that. Unfortunately, that's my only source of money...
  2. I work in IT (computers and crap) for an .edu, also do freelance computer tech support on the side ($60 an hour) and the occasional freelance photography job. Oh yea, and the high paying gigs ;)

3. CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    right now-nowhere, i get $10 a week allowance. as soon as i turn 16 i have a job @ Spencer's @ the Mall here [min. wage] & all that money is goin towards bass-i'm puttin a bass ahead of a car. thats all
  4. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    I´m a student, but I work whenever I can, in a fish factory. I´ve been working since I was about 10 years old by the way..:)
  5. Right now student, but I'm also a freelance guitar tech, which is not all it's cracked up to be... I'm looking really hard for a job too.
  6. I work in Mental health. Bring on the jokes....
  7. ARA punk

ARA punk

Jul 11, 2001
    USA, Shelby, NC
    I work unloading boxes for a trucking company, 10 bucks an hour. Gotta be out from like, 9 or 10 til 1 or 2 in the mornings on fridays and saturdays. play gigs, dont normally get paid though.
  8. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    CEO of an engineering firm.
  9. Popcorn and refreshment distribution clerk of the Regal Cinnemas Garden Grove 16 theater #364.

Actually I might be promoted to a management position when I'm 18 on April 12th (y'all better remeber! :p)
  10. snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    Bone cracker.
  11. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    i'm a second class missile technician in the us navy...submarine type kinda guy...i'm on shore duty at strategic weapons facility pacific fleet in the nuclear weapons accountability office. sounds important doesn't it? well, i can sweep the floor with the best of them, you better believe it ;) just call me swabby :D
  12. wow, im amazed by the range in jobs everyone here has. ceo of a company to mental health to movie theatres. you guys are lucky to have a job and are able to make money.
  13. Captain Of Detectives - NYPD

In charge of Bronx Homicide Squad, Bronx Special Victims Squad, and Bronx Robbery Squad
  14. So does that mean that the next time i'm in New Yawk naked and transporting illegal migrant workers your gonna let me slide cause I'ma fellow TBer....right?
  15. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Truck driver. Drive to Minneapolis/St. Paul area every day, Monday-Friday. Home by 4:00 pm every day.

Throw all the redneck jokes you want at me.:D It allows me to support my family and my hobbies quite easily.;)
  16. Motorcycle engineer. I work at Big Dog . I'm the mechanical engineer there. But my title is "Mechanical Design Engineer" because I also have some very good artistic skills. I can pretty much design something out, put it through an analysis (computer), build it, then make sure it works physically. I also work with the geometery of the suspension (figuring out trail, tire scrub), work on the suspension travel, etc. I've designed some fender struts, helped come up with some tank shapes, figured out mounting brackets, guage pods, triple trees, some swingarm work. Current project is make a new headlight.

But above all it has to look goooood. You don't want your $30,000 motorcycle to not have as much polished aluminum, polished stainless steel, and chrome as it can...now do you? And it has to be way to powerful. Torque monsters. Coming out with even larger engine maybe for next year (think 1.093% larger).

Plus I also get to ride the incredibly shiny, powerful vehicles. These things are beautiful. Wait for August when a new bike comes out. It's pure american fury.

But I definitely do not get paid enough. No waaaay.

BTW. I have a BSME, my EIT certification from the Ks state board. I'll prolly be going back to school soon for a business degree. But I also took a couple years off of school to take some music and art classes. I'm most thankful that I did that.

Edit...I wanted to show what I have to deal with when I go to work. Disregard the scantily clad woman.[​IMG]
  17. Et Cetera

Et Cetera

Jan 24, 2002
    Madison, WI
    Penalty box slut. :D
  18. Remember - I work in the Bronx (what's an illegal migrant worker :) )

One free get out of jail free card for TB members (depending on the offense) :)
  19. notduane

Nov 24, 2000
      Acrimonious Perl Monk

hey, the beard's about right :p

20. hmm... interesting... i'll have to remember that one