1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

What is your opinion of Bass POD XT Pro?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by crguti, Mar 11, 2013.

1. My G-major is not working anymore so I want to upgrade the rack effect with something. I've been looking at the POD XT Pro but I can find little information about the effects of this machine. I amn't into modeling but if it sounds good is a plus.

Do you own one? tell me what does for you and what doesn't.

2. What gene are you playing? I'm going to get a Pod HD Pro because the modeling way better, but I'm going for a rhythm guitar sound.

3. I will use it as effect for my bass....Tool-ish kinda sounds.
    what it bugs me, is that it's a 2U rack size.

4. LumberjackTBird

LumberjackTBird

Aug 5, 2012
    Kansas
    I have a POD XT Live.

I highly recommend it, if you are going to put time into it. Anytime I want to get a certain sound out if it, I can. It is an incredibly flexible piece of gear, just don't expect to be able to tweak it quick between songs.

I have about 12 presets for each bass. each preset includes the amp and cab, stomp box (OD, dist, fuzz) mod (chorus mostly, but there are a bunch) and reverb. I had to set up each preset so all of those work well together, plus an EQ and compression and noise gate. It's taken me several times of sitting for a few hours and tweaking stuff, but I don't have to adjust it when I go play somewhere.

If you want any tips or hints, just ask away!

5. If your only using it as effects just get a HD it will sound so much better.