1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What is your opinion on tattoos and piercings?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by afinalfantasy, Jul 26, 2007.

1. afinalfantasy

afinalfantasy Banned

Jan 11, 2006
    Personally, I think they're all too common in today's society. It seems to be the 'in' thing around here to have your lip pierced, ears stretched and have other strange piercings. This goes along with getting tattoos done at a young age.

I find tattoos somewhat appealing at times but piercings weird me out, to say the least. What about you guys?

2. I have nothing against it and really feel that no one has a right to criticize.

Personally though? I do not care for them too much. I would never get it done to myself, and would almost always want a girlfriend/wife without them. As for a friend? Whatever, he/she can look however the person wants to.

I do agree with you greatly in that it is definitely the "in" thing to do for a lot of youths, and that the massive displays of it in society just prompt the newer generations to want things like it.

3. Chipsonfire

Chipsonfire

Jul 20, 2007
    Socorro, NM
    As a guy with many friends with many more piercings, I have nothing against them or the people who have them. As for myself, I don't think I'd look right with a piercing or tattoo lol. It is definitely a fad that a lot of people are doing purely because they want to 'fit in' (I have some friends that have been doing such recently) and I think that's stupid. If you do it, do it for yourself and not cause they people you hang out with will think you are 'cooler' for it.

4. Emerald_gasH

Emerald_gasH

Sep 17, 2000
    TO,ON,CA
    i have a nose ring...it's common in my culture and i think it looks pretty on me :)

i wouldn't really get any other piercings, except for maybe another piercing in my ears..you can always take them out and they're not that noticeable then...but there are some piercings i don't really like, but hey it's not my body...

i like seeing good tattoos but i myself would never get one

5. Larry99

Larry99

Aug 17, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
    I have no problem either way. I think it depends on the person. Some carry a piercing or tatoo better than others. I only hate to imagine what that tatoo is going to look like 20-30 years down the road, esp on a woman. While that sexy lower back tatoo might look good when you're 20, what about when you're 50...? ackkk. SNL did a funny skit on that - middle aged soccer Moms with faded, disconfigured lower back tats! haha.

6. I personally do not like them on a g/f.

As for anyone else, really don't care. Also agree that its a fad, I probably should look into a career of tatoo removal as that will be probably the next big thing. :ninja:

7. middy

middy

Mar 14, 2007
    Texas
  8. mattsk42

mattsk42 Supporting Member

Totally agree with all posts so far. I can see this thread getting into a debate, but I agree with the above opinions.

No hatred towards people who get it, but it's WAY too much of a fad for SOME people, and it will look really boring and possibly bad down the road a few years.

I also just don't really think painting on myself, new clothes, etc. is all that interesting or needed.

9. Lazylion

Lazylion Goin ahead on wit my bad self!

Jan 25, 2006
    Frederick MD USA
    I hate needles. So none of that for me.
    Other folks can do as they please. Except my kids. They can do as they please... the minute I'm dead.

10. Bryan316

Bryan316 Banned

Dec 20, 2006
    Detroit
    There is nothing in my life that is constant enough, or repetitive enough, for me to permanently mark into my flesh. I've thought about it a long time, and there's really nothing I'd want tattooed forever. The Mustang running horse emblem, my band's logo, the Triforce, something Star Wars related.... nope. Nothing, really.

Maybe.... the devil horns. Maybe. But that's it. But I certainly couldn't choose a cool way to draw them that I'd want.

11. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Just not for me.

12. Im happy with my tattoos, they all mean something to me. My family crest and a piece i have on my leg, most of which was hand drawn on.

Dont see the point in getting any generic flash work done.

In response to what Bryan316 says about life not being constant. I agree, thats what i love about tattoos, im going to use them as stamps to look back on certain times in my life :)

But each to thier own, you wouldnt get anyone near me with a piercing needle, and i think flesh tunnels look a wee bit silly (especially the huge ones which wont grow back)

13. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Yeah, the whole thing with piercings is just silly, they don't look very good imo.

14. Ive seen a few that look "ok", usually on girls, and the really really really small ones. But when you see folk that have them that are about an inch and a half diameter, i just want to stick my finger through and pull it out :bag:

15. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Just uppercut the wearer in the jaw and save yourself the trouble of their cries from a torn ear lobe!

16. jady

jady

Jul 21, 2006
    Modesto, CA
    I've liked them before they were a fad and will like them after they are no longer a fad. I can't have any visible peircings at my office job but I have one that is not visible unless you are my wife :p

Gonna get a big tat around tax time..............

17. Is it a nipple piercing, or do you pee squint :p

Good call :smug:

18. brothernewt

brothernewt Some people call me the stormtrooper of love...

Apr 13, 2004
    Happyrock, OR
    I should have a few more of one, and a few less of the other... :smug:

19. Bryan316

Bryan316 Banned

Dec 20, 2006
    Detroit
    I don't want to be reminded of quite a lot of my past. I'd rather forget most of it. And tattoos of my past would most likely just bring me down.

And I don't want any extra holes in my flesh, either.

20. eedre

eedre

Feb 26, 2007
    St. Louis,MO
    The negative consequences far outweigh the positive consequences in my opinion for either.

You can always get something in a covered area of your body - like the chest or shoulder.