1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What is your passion?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by slobake, Oct 15, 2013.

1. slobake

slobake resident ... something Supporting Member

A mere affection for life left me desperately watching from the edge of the dance floor. Too afraid to shake it till I drop and too proud to admit it. I tried to quiet the hunger gnawing at my thoughts but it wouldn’t be quiet. “I WANT TO LIVE,” it screamed. The hunger whispered and cajoled a relentless cry for true freedom. I cracked the cell door just a bit and it sprang out never to be shut down again.
    Dancing with fury is my greatest joy and greatest sorrow. Safe and small won’t do anymore I want to live. Pain, sorrow, and joy or the numb embrace of fear. I choose life unhindered.

I love my wife so deeply it scares me sometimes. I am also passionate about my faith and pushing for freedom from the barriers that I have created that hold me back.
    I know a lot of you are probably passionite about music, learning and all sorts of things. So, what is your passion?
    Should I be more passionite about spelling? :bag: :p

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Coffee.

-Mike

3. slobake

:p:p:p and laughing?

4. You should watch this if you haven't:

Really changed the way I looked at a lot of things.

5. Tituscrow

Tituscrow Banned

Feb 14, 2011
    NW England
    ....and slobake hits the bong again :)

6. Broadstbully22

Broadstbully22

Dec 5, 2011
    My wife and music. My addiction with music is at a point that I don't think it is healthy.

7. slobake

Some kids never grow up. :hyper:

8. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    I'm not sure that I have a "passion" to be honest. There are things that I love - my wife, my kids, there are hobbies and interests that I think are awesome - history, art, music... there are things that I feel strongly about - politics, religion, there are animals that I love, my doggies, my cat even my turtles (I like turtles!), I'm even really focused on a concept of "fairness" to the point where I drive folks nuts, but I'm not sure that I define any of these by the word passion..

9. slobake

Be careful with that. You could end up shell shocked.

10. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    I shell be careful.

11. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    That too, but seriously on the coffee. I am passionate about the roasting and brewing process, how it is prepared, how it is served, all the way back to the people who grow and harvest the beans that I buy.

Then again, maybe passionate means something different to me than it does to you. I love and care for my family and such, but I don't know if passionate is the right word for me to use there.

-Mike

12. Ziltoid

Ziltoid I don't play bass

Apr 10, 2009
    Canada
    Political science is the closest thing I have to a passion. It is, without any exaggeration, my life at this point.

13. NWB

NWB

Apr 30, 2008
    Kirkland, WA
    No it isn't. The word to use is passionite!:p

14. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    I feel you. I used to feel passionately about things, mostly music.
    I dont know that I have that same enthusiasm for anything any longer.

15. tastybasslines

tastybasslines Banned

May 9, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    I have a passion for chess and video games. I think about them both constantly.

16. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Im really into playing Grand Theft Auto V right now.
    Id call it an obsession more than a passion.

17. My family, my work, and music are things I have on my mind for most of the time. I get to listen to music while I work so that helps... Always typing and listening to music.

If you're asking about what I do away from my family and work...
    CrossFit 4x a week.
    At home/ side projects for work (web development) 5-10 hours/ week.
    Watch TV 5-10 hours/ week... Usually car shows on Velocity, TUF, and the NHL. Occasionally college football and NFL, but not much.
    I don't play bass all that much right now. Band is on an indefinite hiatus & most of my stuff is in storage. I probably play an hour a week or so but that will increase once we start playing again.
    I'll snowboard a day every couple weeks once the season starts.

I wish I could fly fish more often, but it's tough to get on the schedule.

18. Wow is this a trick question? My true passion is Bass guitar since I was a kid I still play for hours at a time and lose myself in it's glory. double nickels and still kicking it live.

19. DerHoggz

DerHoggz I like cats :| Banned

Feb 13, 2009
    Western Pennsylvania
    Bikes, and arguing on bass forums.

20. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    What is this from?

1) My kids
    2) My wife
    3) My new goals and figuring out how to reach them while maintaining my values
    4) Sitting quietly in the woods (5 minutes a day will change your life)