What is your.......

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by GooGooDollsLuva, Oct 27, 2002.

1. GooGooDollsLuva

GooGooDollsLuva Guest

Oct 27, 2002
    What do you think when you see a girl playing in a band with a bunch of guyz? I play with a group of guyz and i was just wondering what everyones view on this is because I get a load of stick over it!!!

Just because i am a girl doesn't mean I can't play bass! I am in yr 10 and am doing my music gcse this year and going on to do my A levels in yr 11, not many people i kno are doing that? Does that say I suck???

If yuou are from colchester or aronud that area or anywhere, have you heard of a band called The Knucklehedz???? they are my mates, i started out in that band, and nbow they are getting big
  2. I think you should just ignore the people that are giving you problems. Just because you're female doesn't mean you can't or shouldn't play. In fact I think its great when females play instruments!
  3. I think "would she marry me?"
  4. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    i can clearly see you are 10 years old

(not a bad thing)
  5. moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    A-Levels in year 11? What's going on with that? Yer supposed to do GCSEs in year 11 and A-Levels in year 13.
  6. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

You mean this is the year 2002 and there are still people that are dumbstruck by a woman that plays bass?

Just remind them the Taliban have been defeated and Mullah Omar is on the run.

You are a woman and you will do what you please and play an instrument...any instrument...you please, just like a man would do. You don't need any one's permission, especially a man's.
  7. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    wise tip from the Metal Mom!
  8. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    I think it's really cool! Power to female musicians!

TIP: If you want to be able to read all of the post including the 'green-on-blue', select the text by holding down the mouse button and drag the cursor over the text. :)
  9. actually in the UK kids in year 10 are 14-15 years old

10. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    aw, my bad... all those text in colors are missleading :rolleyes:

11. tim4003

Apr 30, 2002
    Dawsonville , GA
    I think it's cool as hell to see a female bassist!
    ROCK ON, DOLL!!!!
  12. When I see that a bass player is a girl, I think "Whoa! That's great!"

And it makes me happy.
  13. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    "keep'em in the kitechen, pregnant and barefoot."

(that dang thread got deleted, so i can't prove that i'm actually making a reference to anything, but you know, deep down in your heart, that i am.)
  14. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    i can't think of anything sexier than a female bassist.... paz lenchantin (mmm paz), rhonda smith, the chick from white zombie, etc. etc.
  15. i'm a 15 year old girl and i'm learning to play bass. :D woo.