1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What kind of aging condition on my bass is this, and why?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by investario, May 12, 2015.

1. [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Im a fans of relic' bass, so actually it doesnt matter to me, but i never see one like this. It's like a lots of porous hole, why this happens on my fender finish? And what will happen if i stay it like this?

Attached Files:

2. BeeTL

BeeTL Commercial User

Sep 26, 2006
    Oldsmar, FL
    Brad Lowe, Lowe Custom Guitars
    That looks like "blush" or moisture trapped in the nitrocellulose lacquer finish before it dried.

Is that a factory finish?

3. Nobody

Nobody Banned

Jul 14, 2004
    gravel
    It's more than meets the eye.

wvbass, The Chuck and Doctor J like this.
  4. stevensivak

stevensivak Supporting Member

Dec 24, 2014
    ???????

5. Yes, that's a fender factory finish. and it starts to make porous hole and a little cracking like this. so what happen if i just neglect it and use it on daily basis? is this good or bad sign to my wood? you know, some "battle scars" is an aesthetic and sign of a fine woods aging, but some of them make the wood tone changed in a bad way.

Anyway, sorry for the image. i cannot make the thumbnail work, but you can right-click on it and choose "view image".
    tomorrow i will attach another image of it, at night my camera phone basically just become dumb.

And sorry for my english, it is not my main language:hyper:

BeeTL likes this.