What kind of Amp do You Have?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Systemofadowner, Feb 24, 2002.

1. Systemofadowner

Feb 24, 2002
    Sorry to be semi flooding. But what kind of amp does everyone have. I currently have the Ampeg 220. It's good but I've heard great things about Marshall too. What would be the best Marshal also?
  2. Mutilation

Mutilation Member

Jan 10, 2002
    lol Ampeg.. AMPEG ****** RULES!
    so was SWR... honestly Im not impress by marshals that much.. I like Vox and Mesa.. any bass tube amp is good... I dunno what it is about marshals but something just turns me off but thats my own opinion... right now i gotta 400 watt Peavey Mark 3 combo amp/cab from the late 70s and a Leslie 900 series rotorary amp/cab...:) but hey man try out some stuff.. goto mars music or sumfin or a local music store.. check em out...
    not everyone likes the same sound.though

EDIT: hunter for language. Please * the entire word.
  3. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX

What? Oh, me? I use Eden amplifcation and (if my luck hold) a Carvin poweramp.
  4. I'm with Brendan on this one for sure...

I'm running an Eden Navigator preamp, Carvin DCM1000 power amp, and an Eden D-410XLT cab. It's definitely the dark side...

And this should probably be in "Amps"
  5. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Y.T! you got my number man! How does that sound? I'm planning on running the pre- off of my WT-300, into a DCM1000 (coming is soon I hope) into my 410XLT, and then later, maybe another XLT, or an 118XLT.

Anyway, how does that sound, the pre- with the Carvin power, though the XLT? And difference you can tell from an all Eden head?
  6. Moving from a trustworthy Eden Nemesis 4x10" combo amp to an Ampeg SVP-BSP/Peavey DPC1000 setup. The rack's built but the preamp won't be here until later this week.

Speakers? Looks like for the time being I'll rewire the Nemesis to accept external input since the cabinet will handle 450W - but I'm looking hard at an Epifani 2x12" to go under it.

7. To tell you the truth I've never had a chance to run an Eden head into a 410XLT.

However I must say that the Eden/Carvin setup sounds absolutely great! I really think you'll dig it. The Carvin seems to be a nice transparent (sound-wise) power amp, so I think it's all Eden coming through. I'm hoping to add another cab somewhere down the line as well.

To make things even more spooky, today I just had an epiphany during which I realized that I absolutely love the look of the Pedulla Buzz basses (I had hated them before). I noted that you're currently GASing for one. So now a Pedulla is fighting with a fretless Zon to be my next (hopefully!) bass.

You have impeccable taste!
  8. Zirc

May 13, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Ampeg B2R amp head running through 2 Cerwin-Vega V152s (15 inch speaker with 10 inch aluminum tweeter). I originally got them for my singer when I had my 60W combo amp, but then the singer got a PA so I sold the combo and bought a head then ran the speakers through the head.

I know this is rare, but I really like this set up. I get more bass out of the speakers than I would through normal 15 inch bass cabs (ones that I can afford) and I like the tone I recieve from the PA speakers.

Different strokes, different folks.
  9. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Crate. it freaking rocks. i compared it to other amps. and this thing was a steal, and had everything i wanted. BT-350. I pretty soon will be running a bi-amped Peavey 4x10tx Cab (for lows) and a tech 21 cab for some mid-highs. Add a carvin power amp, and WAMMO!
  10. I have a Carvin Pb-200 15.

I want a bigger, better sounding amp :(
  11. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Freaky! Well, great minds DO think alike!
  12. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

My epiphany is merely that this topic is in the wrong forum. :p
  13. MAIN RIG:

Peavey Max Pre-Amp
    Carver Power Amp
    Alesis 3630 Compressor
    BBE 422A

Carvin R1000
  14. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    There are specific threads for these topics. This one belongs in Amps. In the future, please try to post your threads in the appropriate forums. (this is the second one I have had to move)
  15. jazza42uk

Sep 14, 2001
    Bristol, UK
    Trace Elliot GP12SMX preamp,
    Alesis Quadraverb FX,
    SoundTech 400+400 power amp,
    2 x Peavey 410TXF cabs run in stereo.

Wieghs a ton, sounds great.
  16. Tom Crofts

Tom Crofts

Mar 15, 2001
    I have a Carlsbro Stingray 150W combo and a lovely old (1980) McGregor Bassman 200W
  17. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Green Audio ME-1 preamp (2-channel solid state)

Green Audio GA-1000 poweramp (2x500W RMS @ 4 Ohm)
  18. I'm Playing through an Ampeg BA-115. It's got a beatiful sound and plus it's an Ampeg. What's not to like? I have a nice 15-inch speaker in there and i can shake foundations.....