1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What Kind of Art is This?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by xray, May 7, 2010.

1. xray

xray

Feb 15, 2009
    Kona, HI
    C-LifeIII.

2. Looks like someone chemically altered themselves and painted what they saw...IMO

3. Linas

Linas

Jan 6, 2005
    Chicago
    post neo modernist

4. bad/ abstract :bag:

5. +1 if that's art then pretty much every finger paintin' kid from age 1 and up make art all day long.

That said I could see that in hanging on a wall in my dorm :).

6. i can see that scaring stoned hippies :p

7. I disagree. It is definitely pre neo modernist.

It's also a palm tree.

8. that is painted by an elephant

9. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    It does remind me of elephant paintings. Do you recognize this one being from a specific zoo? Ruby in San Diego did some paintings that have a similar amount of realism as that "palm tree".

If a human did it, it is called abstract expressionism.

10. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    I just looked up the artist "dray", and he calls that style "contemporary". :rolleyes:

11. LM*AO!!!

WINNER.

12. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    I see frightened srilankan tourists running away from a murderous robot being controlled by a monkey using mind control. Ironically they're running for the safety of a tree which is full of bananas. Obviously this was painted by an elephant because any human pre post neo abstract modern vintage contemporary artist would know that bananas have no place in a coconut tree.

13. It's a strong political statement, fight the power!

14. Smurf-o-Deth

Smurf-o-Deth ¡No me gustan mis pantalones!

Oct 2, 2007
    The state of denial.
    Placing a label upon a work of art is hardly the relevant issue. This particular piece, to me, is a comment on the duplicity of life: the constant struggle, the burden of remorse, the endless parade of tribulation, yet the expectant nature of it all, as described by the sprouting of the lines from the central shapes. The urgent business of the piece is at odds with the cool calmness of the general palatte, though the artist expresses an anger that bubbles somewhere beneath the surface. Ultimately, the central theme of the piece is the eternal cycle of hope that springs forth from the fertile resolution of the human spirit. It is pain, it is pleasure, it is triumph in tragedy. This piece speaks to the very essence of existence, and I can barely look at it without weeping.

Nah, I'm just ****in' with you all; that things sucks.

15. PSPookie

PSPookie

Aug 13, 2006
    Lubbock, TX
    Does this kind of thing sell?

If so, my toddler can churn out about a dozen of these a day. Cha-ching!

16. Lies and slander! It's clearly a weed of some kind!

17. Don't know much about paintings, but I'm sure someone serious could analyze it and give it a real value.

18. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    +1

19. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

Q: What Kind of Art is This?

A: Bad.

20. MonetBass

MonetBass ♪ Just listen ♫ Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2006