1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

What kind of bass do you like the most?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by r6mile, Apr 23, 2006.

1. Minimal Range Bass

1 vote(s)
    0.6%
  2. 4-strings Bass

125 vote(s)
    69.1%
  3. 5-string Bass

39 vote(s)
    21.5%
  4. 6-string Bass

16 vote(s)
    8.8%
  5. Double/Triple-strung Bass

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Extended Range Bass

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. What kind of bass do you like the most?

2. RSchuster

RSchuster

Jan 27, 2006
    Alexandria, VA
    Kind? You mean like brand, or specific model, or number of strings or what?

Personally, I love Rickenbackers, Pedullas, Wals, and Tobias basses. I'm also a 4-string guy, but a 5-string Pedulla MVP or '80s Tobias would be a dream. I like passive pickups, and passive or active electronics. Favorite bass ever would be a Rickenbacker 4001S with walnut headstock wings and a push/pull pot for the treble pickup cap.

EDIT: Oh wait, the poll wasn't there before I posted. I guess 4-string is my answer.

3. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    This has been done to death... 5's rule the universe!!!

4. ras1983

ras1983

Dec 28, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    look at my avatar.

5. Finally, something new to talk about in the Basses forum!

:rolleyes:

6. Tom

Tom

Sep 7, 2005
    Davis, CA
    Every time I do, it almost looks like it has a maple fingerboard, which would make it the sweetest Bongo ever. :D

Anyway, I voted for 5. It's easy to disregard the B when you don't need, it's not too hard to learn how to mute it properly, and the extra notes and position are always right there at your fingertips! :bassist:

7. phxlbrmpf

phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    Germany
    What's a minimal range bass? :eyebrow:

Currently, I like two pickup basses, I've used a Stingray clone (Ibanez ATK) as my main bass for too long, now all I play is my Status (2 soapbars) and my Squier (PJ) while the ATK gets hardly any playtime even though I defretted it. I don't really like the MM sound any more, it's a bit lacking in woodiness for my current taste.

8. I do like four and six string basses. I see no point in buying five, but it's my point only ;P.
    Those fancy one, two and three string basses are not for me, and 7 to 12, well, i have no skill to play such a thing, but it would be nice to do some doublehand tapping for that matter ;}.

9. steve21

steve21 Banned

I like basses. 4 string, 5 string, 6 string, 8 string (doubled), fretted, fretless, single pickup, dual pickup, active, passive, bolt on, neck thru, etc

It's all good.

10. ahaTFJ

ahaTFJ Guest

Apr 2, 2006
    Chicago

11. g00eY

g00eY

Sep 17, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    5er ftw

12. minimal range lol
    bass2.

13. I like 2 pickup basses with a 3 way switch. Sadly a dying breed. I guess I am the only bassist that wants to sound thick for one part of a song, a little more defined for the chordal parts and completely trebley for the solo!

14. they make those:ninja:

15. RSchuster

RSchuster

Jan 27, 2006
    Alexandria, VA
    This is one of the reasons I like my Ric. Blend controls are nice, but I'd rather just have a toggle switch . . . and I've got one!

16. Stadic

Stadic

Apr 17, 2006
    NJ
    You can never go wrong with the 4 string. :D

17. I have never understood the whole blend knob thing. When I'm the middle of a set, I am going to end up rolling it all the way to one pckup or the other, or leave it right in the middle if there is a center detent anyway. I find a switch is more intuitive as you dont confuse the pan knob with the EQ knobs or the volume. I think what is really happening is that in an active circuit you might have popping sounds with a switch.