Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What kind of Bass does Traa use from P.O.D?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by willyp2004, Jun 14, 2003.

1. Does anybody know exactly what bass Traa uses from P.O.D.? I believe he uses an Ibanez 5-string but I don't know the exact model.PLease somebody help!

2. warwick thumb nt 5

3. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    i thought it was the Warwick Dolphin 5 string?

4. he uses a variety of warwicks. warwick is his endorser.

5. incognito89x

incognito89x ♪♫♪ ♪ ♪ ♫&#983

Sep 22, 2002
    Royal Oak, Michigan
    He used a Thumb for most of the Fundamental Elements of Southtown, but he's been using a SSI recently

6. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    i think that's fast becoming obvious... ;) :D

7. Berten

Berten

Jun 6, 2002
    Belgium

Neck trough or bolt-on (the thumb he used on the funda.......)

8. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com
    He gets them free so probably whatever he wants. Warwick is on the fast trach to becoming a peavey company....... not that there is anything wrong with peavey! But warwick use to be a high-end company, and that they are not anymore.

He was in bassplayer ad on the back page holding a SS1 a few months ago.

9. He seems to have gone through a trend, he starte withs thumbs on southtown, went to dolphins on satelite(at least for videos and live shows) and has recently been using streamers, next he'll probably either get a signature or start using a warlock hehe

10. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    I don't think Warwick is becoming a "Peavey" company, they just are expanding their model range to more inexpensive ones. They still sell their $3000 Streamer Stage 2's and Dolphins, don't you worry :)

Besides, I don't think Peavey has ever been an "high-end" company. In fact I think Peavey is doing the exact opposite, with their new Pro-series amps and such.

I lately aquired one of Warwick's mid-level basses, the Thumb BO. Looks like a quality piece of craftsmanship to me, even if we could conversate about the electronics' voicing.

11. A Rock

A Rock

Mar 18, 2001
    New Haven, CT
    in an interview in bass player magazine..he used to use a 4 string thumb..but when the band switched to 7 string guitars..he switched to 5 string dolphin to keep up.

12. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    warwick, they sound nice

13. one3rd

one3rd

Jul 10, 2002
    Minnesota
    I don't think that's accurate. Marcos started doing stuff in Drop C rather than D, so he got more strings rather than dropping more. Alive makes the Drop C guitar and down-tuned 5-string quite clear.

The 1/3
    No comment.

14. Yeah, I've seen P.O.D. live a bunch of times, and I have their DVD which has some live performances on it too, and I've never seen Marcos use a 7 string.

Last time I seen them live, Traa used at least 3 different Warwicks, all which have been mentioned in this post.

What I want to know is, what kind of bass did he play before the Warwick deal. On the DVD it shows some old stuff, and he's playing a bass that looks like a Stingray, but with 2 pickups, and a different shaped pick gaurd.

15. A Rock

A Rock

Mar 18, 2001
    New Haven, CT
    meh whatever..i knew that he changed it cuz of the guitarists...whether it was a lower tuning or an additional thicker string...

i can give a rats ass about guitars:spit: lol:D

16. I thought it looked like a fender or fender copy of some kind, might be wrong though, i'll have to go and watch the DVD again.

17. Chris_AtariDoll

Chris_AtariDoll

Dec 8, 2001
    UK
    Here is a pic
    [​IMG]

Looks like a G&L.....or a sabre? any ideas?

He has also been using a Stage II 5'er during the recording of the new album... along with his trusty thumb 4.

[​IMG]