What kind of bass guitar is this?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by plub2000, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Yes

9 vote(s)
    52.9%
  2. No

8 vote(s)
    47.1%
  1. plub2000

plub2000

Oct 28, 2008
  2. acoustic electric?
    see if it plays good. if it does, why not?
    looks pretty kool to me

3. plub2000

plub2000

Oct 28, 2008
    Worth $100?

4. Need more info.

5. plub2000

plub2000

Oct 28, 2008
    Wish I had more....no markings. It's an acoustic/electric bass. Good shape. Decent sound.

6. ironrat

ironrat

Sep 24, 2008
    for $100? I'll jump!

7. basspro

basspro Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Las Vegas,NV
    For 100 bucks as long as it plays, why not. If you dont like it after you get it,sell it.

8. bass_snake

bass_snake Inactive

Aug 13, 2008
    Stouffville, Ontario
    Don' t buy it. Save your money and get something decent. You don' t even know the brand name of this product.

Fred

9. SanDiegoHarry

SanDiegoHarry Inactive Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    need more info.

10. plub2000

plub2000

Oct 28, 2008
    One note.... I have a Fender '51 reissue P-Bass and a Danelectro Hodad Bass. Those are my main basses. This is something for me to f around with at home. Just trying to figure out if it's even worth looking into for $50-$100 (not sure what I'll be able to talk him down to)

11. plub2000

plub2000

Oct 28, 2008
    Or...I guess, if I decided to do any acoustic sets. Mainly just to easily mess around with at home.

12. yea, i still say go for it, especially since you have those other 2 basses.
    why not? if it's playable then sure i think its worth 100 bucks.

13. smithal3

smithal3

Apr 18, 2009
    Do it!

I did (for two hundred even) and I haven't regretted it!

I use it to screw around with at home and maybe with a roommate on an acoustic guitar.

14. Mudfuzz

Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9btkeN05-8
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9btkeN05-8
    Play and REALLLLLYYYY look at it first! A cheap acoustic instrument can have all kinds of issues like, loose braces, loose bridge, neck might need a reset, there might be cracks or warping, the truss rod might be bad, it might not play in-tune throughout the fingerboard ect.

If all you want is a beater that you can play intill it dies then no worries and yes it is worth $100.

15. electracoyote

electracoyote Supporting Member

+1

It's pretty, it has the cut of a Washburn, so it may be made in the same factory. You really do have to be sure it's a "player." Action should be good (or give you the impression it can be adjusted) and there should be no cracks at the joints. Acoustic instruments are more fragile and subject to abuse i.e. temperature, humidity, accidents, etc. Even though it's "only" $100.00, it would be nice if it was actually useful and maybe you could sell it some day and get something out of it if you so desired.

16. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 24, 2021