Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

what kind of bass in jaco's video?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by geezer316, Apr 12, 2003.

1. geezer316

geezer316

Jan 26, 2003
    NEW HAVEN ,CT
    i noticed on jacos bass vid. jerry jemmot(the guy interviewing jaco) was playing an odd looking bass during the first part of the show,then he switched to a blue (ltd,esp?)jazz style bass,and then jaco did a solo on this odd looking bass,it was brown,had 2 j pick-ups,and the headstock and upper horn had a odd looking design,it was a spiral design like something you would see on a up-rite bass,i could'nt see a brand or model name anywhere on the bass,i have yet to another one like EVER, anybody out there have a clue to what it mite be?:confused:

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
  3. geezer316

geezer316

Jan 26, 2003
    NEW HAVEN ,CT
    thats what it looked like,not the exact one but i'm pretty sure its the same co.
    thanks a million:D

4. Joelc73

Joelc73 Supporting Member

Nov 13, 2000
    New York
    It's a pretty neat bass. Jerry has since had it fretted. I played that bass when I studied with Jerry in 97'. It worked really well for his style. He's such a great, in the pocket, groove player.

5. alembicfive

alembicfive

Jan 17, 2003
    USA
    I actually had the pleasure of meeting Abe many years ago. He was working out of a music store in Nassau County Long Island (I don't remember the town). My old bass teacher hooked me up with him because I was looking to have a old Ibanez (P-Bass copy) converted to fretless and another PU added. Back then I think he was mainly doing repairs. I did see some of his early instruments in the shop, WOW! The detail of work can only be appreciated in person. Again, WOW. BTW, he did a great job on my bass, took out the frets and layed in Ebony strips and re-finished the neck.

Kevin Eubanks from the Tonight Show uses his guitars.