Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What kind of Bass is this? BB King Band Pic

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by guitarcmf, Dec 29, 2002.

1. guitarcmf

guitarcmf

Dec 3, 2002
    Tampa,Florida
    Saw BB king last night in Lakeland Florida. Had an awesome Bass player with him. Can anyone identify what brand it is?
    Thanks
    Larry

[​IMG]

2. Bardolph

Bardolph

Jul 28, 2002
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Headstock looks like Ibanez

3. Rygel45

Rygel45

Dec 28, 2002
    could be ibanez or yamaha

4. I dont think it's either of those, see the little pointy lower horn, and what looks like EMGs.

5. ibanez soundgear 5

It looks pointy cause his leg is covering the rest of the horn.

BTW how was the show...I bet it rocked...or should I say bluesed....I'm confeused.

6. It's a high end Ibanez, I wanna say SR1205 but I'm not sure if that is the right model or not.

7. guitarcmf

guitarcmf

Dec 3, 2002
    Tampa,Florida
    It was an awesome concert. BB is 77 years old now! Still had the voice and the guitar licks though!
    I had pretty good seats. Here are some more pics.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Definitely a Soundgear 5, and looks to be neck through. Those could be EMG's, or they could be the MightyMite DX5 pickups. They both have the logo in that spot.

9. dfarr

dfarr

Feb 9, 2001
    Lakeland, FL
    I was definitely wanting to see that concert, especially since I live right here in Lakeland, but I was out of state visiting family. I did see B.B. in Tampa last year and it was a great show. He had an older bass player, a tall lanky white guy with a Precision I believe, with him on that gig.