What kind of bass is this? (Picture inside...)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Grahams Groove, Oct 22, 2004.

1. [​IMG]

That's Rob Derhak from moe. (taken sometime in 1998)...

2. Halftooth

Halftooth Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Tri-Valley, NorCal
    Holy laminates!
    That looks like a really nice bass though even though I have no clue who builds it.
  3. It looks like the builder might have liked CT. Hmmm its an interesting combination whatever it is lol!
  4. I was thinking that by the looks of the upper 'horn'...I'm really interested....I hope somebody knows.
  5. PhunkyElephant

Oct 9, 2004
    That bass kind of reminds me of this one. The bass pictured is a 6-string fretless made by a relatively unknown luthier Sami Lehtinen. The player is Jaan Wessman, on a gig with Mike Keneally. Just thought I'd like to post this. :)
  6. tomd03

Oct 8, 2004
    Alberta Canada
    Maybe i'm crazy, but to me it looks kind of similar to one of les's basses.....
  7. whoa, nice bass...

can't wait for Hall-moe.-ween at the ryman next sunday :D
  8. Wouldn't all the glue required to put together one of those basses hurt the tone?
  9. Apparently not, as long as it's done right. Many builders have made crazy laminate basses with many different woods and they all came out sounding real good. I think there was a discussion on this somewhere on these forums.
  10. Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    I dont think its a CT, headstock is all wrong.
  11. Looks like a cross between a bee bass and a carl thompson and a butcher block. obvioulsy a custom. just email that moe's websight and ask. they can't possible be that famous.

one photo definetly be a bee.
  12. Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    Check the link in my previous post.