Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What kind of bass is this?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Vox Populi, Feb 28, 2004.

1. Vox Populi

Vox Populi Reggae Loving Honkey

Jan 27, 2004
    Poulsbo, WA
    It's up for auction on ebay. It says it's a soundgear, but it doesn't give a specific type. This was the only pic availible.

2. SRX 400, soundgear extreme i believe.

3. I just looked at www.ibanez.com you can find specs there if you need them.

4. Vox Populi

Vox Populi Reggae Loving Honkey

Jan 27, 2004
    Poulsbo, WA
    Yep, it is an SRX 400. You guys are good. The Ibanez site has a big section on it.

http://www.ibanez.com/guitars/guitar.asp?model=SRX400&z=y

Does anyone know anything about the SRX 400s? It's fairly cheap on ebay, with OHSC. I'm hesitant, though, there isn't many good close up pictures of it. I can't see if it's really beat up or anything.

5. I never played one...but a few months back i remember Bass Guitar magazine did a review on them...and they seemed to like em and give them some good words.
    But like all magazine reviews you have to take it with a grain of salt.

6. I played one...I highly disliked the overall feel for the bass.

I think I remembering it being pretty light however.

I suggest trying one before buying one.

7. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    If you couldn't tell already, it's an SRX400.
    I've played a couple, and didn't really like them. I like the SRX500-700. They're much higher quality, and you get many more features.

8. WildBill

WildBill

Jul 7, 2002
    Massachusettes
    The 400 is a great light bass with a good slap/funk sound. Its very versatile for the price, I use it for hardcore too cause it cuts through fairly well. The only problem I have with it is that its too light for my taste, but I get alot of compliments about it.

9. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    These came out at the tail end of my Ibanez days. I played one, it's pretty nice, but it came down to the selection of ugly colors and that fugly pickguard. The neck was quick, the sound was good, I just got a Stingray instead :p

10. WildBill

WildBill

Jul 7, 2002
    Massachusettes
    The Martini olive green one I have looks great with the pickguard.

11. Electricmayhem

Electricmayhem

Dec 18, 2003
    NH
    I agree with Tplyons. They don't really look that cool IMO.