Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

what kind of bass is this?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by retitled, Dec 21, 2004.

1. retitled

retitled

Feb 13, 2004
    forest hills
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

what kind? where can i get it? and how m uch does it cost? not only does it look sexxxy but it sounds sexxxy, but i bet its price isnt so sexxxy lol

2. kearney

kearney

Jul 5, 2004
    its a gretsch, at least a thousand dollars

3. voicelessone

voicelessone

Dec 15, 2004
    [​IMG]

Has heart failure at sight of John 5............on drums! :)

That bass really is teh secks, and so is he!

Not a patch on Twiggy though, he was amazing in my eyes and looked so hot ALWAYS!

4. yep, gretsch Broadkaster-full hollowbodies with Filtertron pick-ups. there is an article about Tim Skold in June's 'Bassplayer"

5. retitled

retitled

Feb 13, 2004
    forest hills

hahaha, thats ginger fish silly he actually fell off his drum rise and ibroke his arm and or wrist. so chris vrenna, ex NIN drummer is filling in for him on this tour. John 5 isnt int eh band anymore, he was replaced with ex guitar player from Danzin Mark Chaussee. :) get with the times lol
    oh yea and twiggy owned!! i want his gibson thunderbird...Drool at sight of it

6. lyle

lyle Guest

Jan 10, 2004
    Vernon, B.C. Canada
    danzin, or danzig?

7. retitled

retitled

Feb 13, 2004
    forest hills
    yea danzig :)

8. retitled

retitled

Feb 13, 2004
    forest hills
    would i be able to tool songs on this? would i thave the same punch?

9. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    this would NOT sound toolish, but i mean whats tone anyway theres alot more stuff altering it. This is about the last bass id use to play tool stuff though.

10. retitled

retitled

Feb 13, 2004
    forest hills
    damn, if this could play tool stuff i would have been set for life.

do u know any basses that look as awesome as this that can have that variety of playing tool stuff and still has the tone like this one?
    doesnt have to be on the money, just similer :)