1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What kind of bass is ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Ulirch, Oct 30, 2010.

1. Ulirch

Ulirch

Oct 30, 2010
    Hi,

Do you know what kind of bass Bob Dylan plays on this photo please ?
    dylan-bass.

I think, it's a fender precision but the head and the markers are very different.

Thanks.

2. t0t0m

t0t0m

Dec 8, 2008
    Short scale P bass?

3. Ulirch

Ulirch

Oct 30, 2010
  4. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis

Dec 11, 1999
    Toronto
    The headstock logo looks to be from a Kent or Guyatone, but the neck has Teisco fret markers on it. Definately mid 60's Japanese P-bass copy.

It was definately made by Teisco.

TD

5. I had one similar to that in the 60s.It was the nearest thing to a P bass I could find.I seem to remember it being marketed as a 'Top Twenty',but I don't recall the Teisco part.

Found this.This bass is an Arbiter Soundmaster EB1,made by Teisco in the 60s.The bass player is out of one of the old Irish Showbands,popular then.Very similar to Bobs bass.

6. Judging by the fret markers, I would say Guyatone. Their logo was a large white G and was usually found on the headstock in the same position where the logo is on Dylan's bass. The logo in the picture is hard to make out but it's size, color and location are consistent with Guyatone.