1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

what kind of bass-picture in bass player

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fesem, Apr 18, 2006.

1. fesem

fesem

Nov 11, 2004
    Blacksburg, VA
    Hello: Looking through the latest edition, May 06, of Bass Player and on page 47 is a full page ad for Levy's straps with a picture of John Williams holding this fantastic looking bass. Looks to be a hollowbody. Any TB'ers know what kind of bass this is, Thanks. Steve

2. phishaholik

phishaholik Supporting Member

Aug 20, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    It's a Warwick, but one I have never seen before.

Mike

3. dwjazz54

dwjazz54

Jan 21, 2003
    Jersey City, NJ
    Warwick Infinity.

4. instigata

instigata

Feb 24, 2006
    New Jersey
    i've heard they are totally not worth the $$$. then again, i've heard that about just about every bass ever. so yeah.

5. scuba steve

scuba steve

Dec 28, 2005
    Hillsboro, Tx
    they are great basses, and sound and play wonderfully.

6. bannedwit

bannedwit

May 9, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    I like this one but I think that the Set NEck / Solidbody version of the Infinity is better for my needs.

7. scuba steve

scuba steve

Dec 28, 2005
    Hillsboro, Tx
    yeah i love the sn infinity, it was a hard choice when i had to choose between a bo thumb and the sn infinity. don't forget that the sn does have tone chambers.

8. bannedwit

bannedwit

May 9, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    Cool, I didnt know it had tone chambers. That would make it a little lighter. If I were to have Warwick make me a custom bass, I would get an infinity neck through without the hollowbody and maybe without the tone chambers (if it would interfere with the neck through). Probably some odd woods as well.

9. fesem

fesem

Nov 11, 2004
    Blacksburg, VA
    Thanks all.