what kind of bass strap?!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by iceblinko, Dec 20, 2004.

1. iceblinko

Jul 15, 2003
    hey all... i want to get a new strap, so i was wondering if any of you could reccomend something for me. i have a DiMarzio strap, and the thing is like a seat belt! does not hold my bass up AT ALL! anyone know of any good sturdy straps to hold my beast up? thank ya!
  2. Sundogue

Apr 26, 2001
    Wausau, WI
    I've got a very nice Levy leather strap. Very wide and comfortable. About $50 or so though.

I've had it for years and it's still in great shape.
  3. Get a Jerry Garcia Strap. Their textured (compared to a seatbelt) so they stick to your shoulder and support the bass. Also very beautiful(Jerry's Artwork) about $20.
  4. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    Get Neoprene, at least 3" wide...your back will thank you...
  5. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    The wide leather padded strap that Zon sells is a must have in my book.
  6. kaboom133

Oct 19, 2001
    Latrobe PA
    I like my Planet Waves Comfort Strap. I believe it was around $20, it's a 3" padded strap. Great for heavy basses, or for playing a long time.
  7. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
  8. Either Rlph Marlin or Levys. Both have texture to the strap, so it won't slide around on you. Levys are the more "classical" kind of strap, usually just some form of leather. Marlin's are more graphic, with all sorts of cool designs on them. My flag-motif-ed bass has the Uncle Sam strap, which looks great with the bass.

Rock on
  9. A sign at the local music store said it:

"Straps made from dead cows are better"
  10. CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    I use a Levy's M6 in black. I bought it from bass northwest a few years back for i think $40 or so shipped. It's 3.5 Inches wide, has the sheep skin backing, and to me-feels awesome.

That's all