Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

what kind of bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fadlan bassman, Aug 7, 2002.

1. fadlan bassman

fadlan bassman

Oct 23, 2001
    Austin,Tx
    I was wondering what kind of bass manufacturer has a star on the headpiece? i went to the elephant room (in austin) and the first bass player had and orange 6 string with a slight curved head stock and a star with a circle around it (I think it was 9 pointed??). i thought maybe Pedulla but i could not see any stars on their logo.

2. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    Its not a pedulla. A pedulla's head stock usually just has, "Pedulla" on it.

3. Maybe Yamaha? The Yamaha logo is actually 3 crossed tuning forks surrounded by a circle, but they look kinda like a star. The TRB 6-strings also come in kind of a transparent orange/amber finish.

Mike

4. fadlan bassman

fadlan bassman

Oct 23, 2001
    Austin,Tx
    Well i looked at yamaha basses.website and it did look similar, but where it says Yamaha is where the star was .the curve in the headstock was also more pronounced.

5. The headstocks on the older neck-through TRBs had the logo on the headstock, like this:

[​IMG]

6. StrudelBass

StrudelBass

Jul 6, 2002
    California
    My acoustic guitar has that same symbol on its headstock. Its a Yamaha by the way.

7. fadlan bassman

fadlan bassman

Oct 23, 2001
    Austin,Tx
    that be the one. Thanks