What kind of bulbs should I put in my Furman PL-8 for a more festive look?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by um... yeah, Dec 10, 2004.

1. I won it on ebay for $60 and it arrived in the mail today. The guy who sold it put opaque red Christmas bulbs in it which gave it a sinister but cheesy, Amityville Horror look to it.

I was thinking transparent blue bulbs for a more Christmasy, festive look on stage. Good Idea?
  2. Happy MurphDay

Happy MurphDay

Mar 9, 2004
    I used red lights, the clear lights were to bright, so what kind of amp do you have, maybe you can color cordinate?
  3. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Purple is the way to go.
    Or black light if you have white serigraphies.
  4. All my gear is black. There is some blue graphic on my F-2B but it's almost invisible.
    I just returned from the corner store with a set of clear blue and clear. The blue is nice but not bright enough compared to the clear ones.

Purple sounds great if I can find a set.
  5. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    I bought red, green, and blue bulbs for mine at Ace Hardware for 99¢ a four pack. I found I like the red the best.

Hey Jazz Ad, where can you find blacklight versions?
  6. I ran the traditional Red & Green in mine...Helps those Christmas tunes by eliminating wrong notes that you might play...
  7. Lol. They make blacklight bulbs that small? Tell me where I can get a set :hyper:
  8. Tulip bulbs, or maybe Easter lilies?

Oh, light bulbs. Never mind. :D
  9. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    I have seen "nightlite-sized" balcklight bulbs online, but for the life of me I can't remember where. Great for rack lights, they really bring out the white lettering (if you have that), and they case a cool purple glow that looks very unnatural.