1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What kind of cable to connect my tweeter to my MB micromark

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by texasgreg, Mar 31, 2009.

  1. texasgreg


    Oct 29, 2007
    I have a micromark practice amp. I love it for home practice, and just got the external tweeter for it. What kind of cable can I use to connect it to the amp?

    Guitar type cable or a speaker cable?
  2. Steveaux

    Steveaux Safe-Guardian of the Stoopid Supporting Member

    Jul 1, 2008
    The Wilds of NW Pa.
    A tweeter is a small speaker ... right?
  3. texasgreg


    Oct 29, 2007
    Yeah, I know, duh, I bought a speaker cable today. The guy in the store explained it to me. I was wondering if a small effects patch cable would work, because the shorter length would work better.
  4. JimmyM

    JimmyM Supporting Member

    Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Nope. An effect cord is shielded and you have to use unshielded cables for speakers. Otherwise you can cause failure in your gear.
  5. texasgreg


    Oct 29, 2007
    Thanks Jimmy. THAT answers my question.

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.