Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What kind of cabs do you use with your 400+ ???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by weeks82, Oct 2, 2002.

1. weeks82

weeks82

Oct 10, 2001
    Southern NH
    Hi all,

I just picked up a Mesa 400+. I was just wondering what types/brands of cabinets people use with the amps. Thanks

-Brian

2. jambassist

jambassist

Sep 1, 2002
    Easton, PA
    got the same head. just bought a powerhouse 410 to go with it. got mine at guitar center. since mesa is price protected, doesn't matter where you buy it. they tend to have a good selection of cabinets plus you can try it with the head since they stock those too. if you get it home and don't like it, you can take it back.

3. Deano Destructo

Deano Destructo Music Man/Upton addict. Hasn't slept since 1979. Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Went mesa all the way. Both amp and cabs. 2- mesa road ready 4x10's and my 400+.:D :p

4. I have two Mesa Diesel 1x15 and one 2x10 and they sound great. I also have a Bergantino HT212 that sounds great with the 400+ at medium to low volumes. Don't you like your Demeter pre?

5. weeks82

weeks82

Oct 10, 2001
    Southern NH
    I actually just sold the Demeter pre. I absolutely loved it but I wanted to go all tube and wanted to get rid of my rack system. So far im not at all disapointed.

6. Dang, I just bought a Dem today! :eek:
    Well I have the best of both worlds now.
    All Tube and a great Rack set up too;)