1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What kind of case is this?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jakeox, Jul 12, 2008.

1. jakeox

jakeox

Feb 15, 2007
    Chicago
    I got this case with a Rick I bought on eBay. The pics are from the auction, but I'm taking better pics of the bass and case tonight or tomorrow. Does anyone know what kind of case this is? It's definitely not a Rick case, and it appears not to be recently made. It's very solid and heavy, with brass-colored appointments, and the covering is made up of horizontal ridges, not the diagonal striping of tweed cases (as far as I know).

I don't need it, and I already have the appropriate Rick case on the way, but I want to know what this is so I can sell it and get it to someone who could use it.

Anyone recognize it?

Attached Files:

• img.jpg
      img.jpg
      File size:
      78.8 KB
      Views:
    • 7.jpg
      7.jpg
      File size:
      64.9 KB
      Views:
  2. jakeox

jakeox

Feb 15, 2007
    Chicago
    Nothing, huh? Here are some better pics. Thanks for looking. If it's a generic case (which is what I was expecting), I'll sell it locally, but if it's something useful that people might want, I'll sell here or list on eBay. I'm more concerned with not throwing out a useful/rare case than making money. After all, it's a case.

case1.gif
    case2.gif
    case3.gif
    case4.gif

3. It looks similar to a fender case from way back which I had. Mine had a fender metal logo on the front but it might also be a generic case.

4. I tend to agree........

I have seen several generic "tweed" cases (some on Ebay) that look very similar to that one.

5. jakeox

jakeox

Feb 15, 2007
    Chicago
    Thanks for the responses. I thought it looked like a not-quite-right version of a Fender tweed case. I just wanted to be sure before I sold it on the cheap or included it in a deal or something.

6. xk49w

xk49w Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2008
    These tweed cases vary greatly by price. Here's a TKL tweed bass case, looks pretty close to yours too, $349.95 list.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 18, 2021