Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What kind of cheese?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Zirc, Jul 12, 2004.

1. Zirc

Zirc

May 13, 2001
    Los Angeles
    So what kind of cheese is your favorite? I personally LOVE swiss. I love the way it makes a nice burger taste. I can put it on anything as well. Munster isn't bad either.

How about you?

2. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Feta (Greek style), very sharp chedders, especially white cheddar, and this Cuban cheese that I only know as "queso blanco" or "white cheese."

Other good ones:

Bleau
    Romano
    Parmessean
    Some kinds of fancy French stinky cheese.

3. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Hunter's Jack (super sharp white cheddar) is probably my favorite. Although I've had many cheeses at galleries that I loved and had no idea what they were.

4. DougP

DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    Provolone, gouda, and monterey jack.

5. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
  6. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    Cheese is one of those great foods that makes you glad you're human and are part of a species that can create new foods out of existing ones
    just dont think about how it's made (spoiled milk!)
    very sharp cheddar tops my list, along with all the other really strong cheeses
    however there is this place here in CT that makes ricotta that you could eat like yogurt.........mmmmmmmmm
    i wonder why i'm overweight............

7. I like melted cheese.

;)

Seriously tho, I love Habanero Cheddar, as used in combination with delicious pepperoni & ritz sammich assembly.

Beyond that, Montery Jack, baby swiss cheez balls (thanx Cabot), provolone and brie.

8. And don't EVEN get me started on fondue. Melt it all, I don't care. Pass the stale bread. v:O)

9. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    Havarti (my all-time favourite)
    Bleu (sp?)
    Gouda (mmm... Baby Bell ;))
    Mozerella
    Provolone

And cream cheese, if that counts ;) I really hate parmessan though.

Peace,
    Graeme :bassist:

EDIT:Oops, forgot Feta cheese!

10. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
  11. vbass

vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
  12. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I love Munster and Swiss for most things. Cheddar is a classic, and american is ok too.

13. chrisb1024

chrisb1024 Guest

Mar 18, 2003
    Nashua, NH
    pretty sure we have had this same post befor but it is definelty worth repeating
    fav's
    a good bleu cheese
    camanbert(sp) for sure but prferably while in a different country (real camanbert is not legaly for sale in the us)

and all joking aside i like cheez wiz even though it isn't really cheese and very low brow some times it just works
    i make a fondue with cheezwhiz sharp cheddar green olives and diced clams sounds wierd but it is amazing!

14. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Depends on how it's used. For instance -

Real queso blanco, like from Mexico, makes orgasmic nachos.

Maytag blue cheese whoops ass on a salad.

The cheeses used in northern Europe for raclette are amazing!

LOVE goat cheese on about anything, especially good pizza!!!

Provel and Parmigiano Reggiano, which you should be able to get in any good-sized US city that has an Italian part of town, are killers on pastas.

....and sometimes some great corn tortilla chips dipped in good old Velveeta + Pace salsa are all it takes.

15. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    Fromunda?

I'm sure I'll get made fun of for this, but when I was in high school, my bandmates and I lived on EZ cheese. Totally fake-processed-canned goodness.

16. I love them pink airbrushed wine-cheese balls that are rolled in nuts that you spread on "sociables" crackers.

That stuff is MAD addictive.

17. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    A good cheese should make you cough, when you sniff it.