What kind of chords should I use to...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Macbeth56, Apr 21, 2005.

1. What kind of chords should i use to hook up my svt4pro head to a rack tuner? like should i use a speaker chord?
    small question i know.. but just need some help
  2. A is nice, so is C#. I try to avoid Eb though. :p
  3. aa;ldjfakljdf
    ha at first i was like ah sarcastic comments blah blah.. but then i noticed that i was using basically the totally wrong word. haha
  4. thats exactly what i was thinking when i clicked on this...

though i dont know what kinf of cord you shouyld use, ive heard that a good cord is gonna keep your tuner from going back and forth at all like it usually does when you play a note
  5. ;)
    No you don't want to use speaker cable for anything but speakers. For everything else use shielded cable.
  6. BassIan

BassIan Supporting Member

Apr 27, 2003
    Cupertino, California
    +1 ;)
  7. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    yeah a shielded cable is your best bet.

If you are planning on going out of the "tuner out" jack in the amp, you can get away with a lower cost cable. If you are either putting it in before your amp input, out the FX loop, or (yes, I've seen it done) between the preamp and poweramp stages of the head, you'll want to use a better quality cable.

I'm a big fan of Fender Electrovolts. They are great quality, but are affordable. I use them on my rig for any cable of 3' or less. More than 3', and I'm looking at Monster or Planet Waves.

Hosa, Livewire, Ernie Ball, or Peavey also make good, inexpensive patch cables for this sort of use. Peavey makes a 6-pack of 3' mono cables in 6 bright colors. Work well for rack patching and you need to see the cables against the black of the inside of a rack.
  8. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    Out of the Tuner Out, I usually use a simple Radio Shack 5' or however long it is. Cost is like $3, and it works just fine as it is not in the signal path.
  9. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    If you're a Christian, you could use Gsus.
  10. hugo5

May 1, 2005
    good one........! :cool:
  11. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    ouch............... :rolleyes:

12. jgsbass

May 28, 2003
    Floral Park, NY
    or if you're trying for an even frequency response, try B flat