what kind of dog do you have?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by buddahbass, Jan 26, 2005.

1. buddahbass

Dec 22, 2004
    Pittsburgh, PA
    since bass players are such kind and loving people, i would like to see if we are dog lovers too, if so, what kind of dog do you have, whats his/her name and how did you come together? i have a 12 year old greyhound named princes leia that i got through a rescue organization.
  2. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Iggy, a Newfoundland and Golden mix, down to a svelt 105 lbs.

Attached Files:

3. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Alvaro Martín Gómez A. TalkBass' resident Bongo + cowbell player

I LOVE DOGS so much, but I don't have one because I live alone and it's complicated to take care of a pet in those conditions. Anyway, If some day I want to buy a dog, I have two options and don't know which one to choose: Because of the appearance, I really like Basset Hounds. They're so lovely, but I've heard that their temper is not the best, not so obedient, and not so smart except for hunting. My other option is a Labrador Retriever. Lovely appearance also, plus very well tempered and very smart.
  4. Squidfinger

Squidfinger I wish I could sing like Rick Danko.

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA

Australian Heeler

Crazy Mutt (but that's why I love her)
  5. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Our Keeshound, Cookie doing what she does 90% of the day.

6. Jack Russle-Beagle mix. Dumb as crap.
  7. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    I have a Rottweiler (the kids in the my neighborhood i live in call him a Rockwilder) - his name is Jaco.

He's a hefty 85lbs right now (only 10 months) - breed standard is 110lbs, i'm hoping he doesn't pass 100lbs. he's a goofball, we try to go for 1+ mile walks everyday.

i would be miserable without him.
  8. We have Lacey. She's a 8+ year old Shepherd/Black Lab mix. Sweet sweet doggie.
  9. I have a Newfoundland his name is "Thunder."
  10. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    65lbs. Dalmation named Peeve. She's my pet peeve :smug:
  11. Terrier mutt named Gumbo. Pretty stupid as far as dogs go. We were asked not to come back to obedience school after our paid sessions ran out. Great companion...greets me at the door like i've been gone for a year, even if I just got back from the mailbox.

12. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Well...we have a dog...

His legs are more proportional, that's just the angle. However, he is possibly the doofiest dog ever. If you think the word doofy is kinda weird unto itself, then you've tapped just how doofy this dog really is.

13. Mobay45

Mobay45 The artist formerly known as "Big Daddy"

Apr 28, 2004
    Irving, TX
    My dog is a 7 month old Cornish Rex cat named Jazz. Looks just like the one in my avatar. Got him last month but he's been sick a lot so I haven't taken any pics of him yet. I need to before he gets too big.
  14. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Black Lab/Chow mix. We've had her for about 9 years.
  15. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    A 3 year old pure Boxer. You can sort of see him in my avatar.

Hey, this is my first attempt at posting a picture, let's see if it works - this is Kini...

Attached Files:

16. canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    At home, we have an 8 year old pure bred Jack Russell Terrier. With my gf, we have two dachshunds (that's zwei Dackeln for our German friends...).
  17. demento

Mar 5, 2003
    Adrian, MI
    7 Italian Greyhounds... and I hate each one of them

mainly because one of them peed on my bass collection :mad:
  18. 2 Golden labs at the moment, we get a new lab every year, we train Guide Dogs (seein' eye dogs for you hicks :)). Pico is our dog, Travis is the Guide Dog puppy.