1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What kind of EMG active pickups did the Spector Euro bases have?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by TUEP, Dec 20, 2017.

1. TUEP

TUEP

Apr 8, 2007
    I am wanting to upgrade my old PJ Spector Legend bass I have a tone pump preamp and I forgot which active EMG pickups to Spector Euros used as actually hoping I could find out what they used in the late 80s early 90s Spector nsa's any help provided is appreciated thank you.

2. wolfkeller

wolfkeller Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2013
    detroit
    They all had regular active PJs as standard. Not the X or whatever. Add those and an snc preamp and your real close to ns2 sound. Or, get a real Hazlabs preamp, if you can find/afford it.

3. TUEP

TUEP

Apr 8, 2007
    Hey buddy I haven't seen you in a while thanks for the advice that preamp that you're talking about?

4. Jim C

Jim C Is that what you meant to play or is this jazz? Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Bethesda, MD
    EMG does make a shorter J bridge pup for Spector; the standard Fender size will not fit.
    The American Spectors had a pre called Hazlabs.
    The Korean units had a copy of this pre.
    There is a gentleman on this board that makes a Hazlab style preamps for Spectors, the company is called SNC.

5. somebrains

somebrains Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2017
    SNC is nice bc you don't have to hog out pot holes like a "real" Haz.
    I have the newer 3 band with switchable bass and treble EQ points.

I'm using GZRs, not EMG's active PJs, so it's nice to be able to play around.
    The khaz didn't quite do it for me, sounded fine with active PJ's.

A blend, mid control, and gross switchable B&T is really nice.