Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What Kind Of File For Filing A BA2

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by B'Aces High, Dec 13, 2003.

1. Can someone please post a pic or a link to a type of file that would be used for filing the saddles of a bad-ass2 bridge.
    I checked the other threads...they just seem to say a 'triangular file' but they dont ever say what size of file and im not sure really what to get as i never done this before.

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum...

TIA

2. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    I don't think I'd use a triangular - round needle riffer files would be best, IMO. Like these at micromark.com (33111A):
    [​IMG]

3. I would think round would be best also...its strange on how many people posted they used triangle files? :meh:

But those look good though :)

4. Check HERE

I really like your avatar too, B'Aces High!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Treena

5. Very cool Treena, thanks a bunch. :cool:

6. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    A round file, definitely used by a professional If you've done similar things and you KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING, go ahead. If you haven't, get someone who knows what they're doing really, really well. They mention it on like every page of their site about how many extra saddles they sell to people who think they can do the filing themselves and save a couple bucks and end up spending three times as much buying new saddles, and then having to get it by someone else after they already screwed up. Bruce Paine even stressed it AGAIN when he replied in his e-mail, and there was nothing about the saddles in my e-mail -- the only reference made to them was by him, telling me to get a professional. If it's being said that many times, they probably really do sell that damn many saddles.