What kind of Fretless?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Stupidnick, Mar 25, 2003.

1. Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    I saw the most beautiful bass in Consignment Music store the other day. Its a fretless, natural finish, warwick dolphin style body, warwick type headstock. The neck seems extended like 26 note positions instead of 24. Set Neck, Emg select jazz pickups, not sure on the wood. Unmarked headstock and tape wounds.

They want 269 for it!

Im getting 200 bucks for the School year since i did good on my ACT. Now im gonna try to get that 69 bucks out of my parents.

What a bass. Its got so much MWA! Its the best feeling bass ive ever picked up, the neck is so smooth and deep but skinny. Im thinkin this is a handmade warmoth type job. Ive been playing my bass alot more lately though. Ive built up my skills and now am playing bass with some people playing 60's covers. The weird thing is This bass sounded just as good through a 15 watt Squier amp as it did an SWR workingman series amp. Major watt difference and cab size but I still get this kinda dark treble mwa tone. I have fallen in love more than i ever have with any bass.
    Its the most amazing thing since sliced bread!

EDIT: swamp ash body if i can remember right.
  2. Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    IM BUYING IT! im going to put it in layaway tommorow if they still have it.. *hopefully*..

im soo happy..

EDIT: I have never had this strong of feelings for a bass. I should have it in my posession in a month.
    and then ill have pictures up here! or i might just take some at the store.
  3. good luck... and congrats!!! :)
  4. arose11

Sep 30, 2002
    Kalamazoo, MI
    you'll have to post some pics ;)
  5. sounds bitchin'...can't wait to see it!!!
  6. Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    I called the music store today telling them i was gonna come get it. Cause they knew i wanted it.

They sold it to someone today.

Im so pissed off right now......
    :mad: :mad: :mad:

ever been screwed over like this?

specially out of a handmade bass that had the perfect tone and perfect feel?
  7. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    That eats, man. We've all missed out on a great one, I'm sure. This happened to me once when i was considering buying a Status.

The best (only) way to handle it? Just remind yourself that it just wasn't meant to be and that a better one will likely come along.
  8. Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    well okay heres the deal

last night I call the store and ask them, "Ive been eyeing a bass for the past two weeks, do yall have it?" They tell me yes and I ask them if they can hold it till tommorow. They tell me yes, and then I hang up with them. I called them today telling them that I was coming by in a bit. It was the same guy I talked to last night. He said, "Oh that natural finish handmade job? We sold that one about 2 hours ago. Is this Nick Curley?" Im like "yes", he said "Oh well I sold it to someone cause i wasn't sure if you were coming by today or not."
    Me: "Well I had the money and I told you I was coming by Wednesday"
    The Guy: "Oh... well sorry, i guess youll just have to find another bass then"

....yes.. im mad.. hmmm too bad i dont smoke, cause i really need a ciggerette right now.
  9. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    That's one store to cross off your list.
  10. Talk to there manager and store owner. Poeple let these things just "pass", that si why they always happen. Bring hell down on them and get what you wanted.