1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

what kind of GIGBAG should I buy for epi ripper?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by guschter, May 19, 2011.

1. guschter

guschter

May 18, 2011
    I've searched online and read many reviews but basically I wanna know if my new eip ripper will fit in a soft gigbag by Epiphone such as this:

Amazon.com: Epiphone Gigbag for Epiphone Solidbody Bass: Musical Instruments

It's super cheap for me (in a good way) and good enough so my friend can come on the plane with it from the states when he brings it for me.
    everybody is talking about the coffin and I just don't wanna buy it. what else could make the huge body of the ripper fit into ?

2. darkstorm

darkstorm

Oct 13, 2009
    I seriously doubt it will fit. Rippers are quite a bit wider then your average bass. It would however fit in the BC Rich deluxe guitar gig bag. Which fits most basses & allmost any guitar, as well. Except for extra long basses like warlocks etc. It will barely fit a thundrbird bass to btw. The BC Rich deluxe guitar gig bag is also very well padded and one of my faves. They cost around $49.99 thru internet stores. Those epi gigbags are poorly padded to btw. The bass would likely get damaged in transit on a plane in one. Id highly suggest he box the thing in gigbag with lotsa foam nuts as further protection. Airline baggage handlers and the transport system in airports to and from plane are not kind to poorly packaged items.

3. nocontrols

nocontrols

Apr 2, 2011
    I don't know what to do because I've never owned a Ripper but I know Epiphone customer service is super helpful and they would be able to give you an answer. Just my two cents: Don't travel with a gig bag, travel with a very sturdy case.

4. Labi

Labi

Jun 14, 2006
    Did you read the review of a customer who bought that gig bag?

Here it is:
    I bought an epiphone bass guitar along with this gig bag. While the epiphone bass guitar is great, the bag doesn't fit the bass guitar, and the tuning keys stick out. Which is of course very stupid, as both items came in the very same box. And of course, it would be stupid to return a $19.99 item, considering shipping costs. Very disappointed.

5. I used a Coffin bag, about $45; not sure if it's available, but it fit my former Epi Ripper perfectly.