what kind of glue for dust cap (center cone piece) fix

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by AnTz0r, Jul 26, 2003.

  1. AnTz0r

    AnTz0r Guest

    Feb 24, 2003
    Delft, The Netherlands
    i had a problem with my combo, turned out the dust cap had a dang in it, and partly the glue was loose. resulting in huge resonance at high volumes, because of the dust camp hitting some piece of cardboard.

    i pulled off the cap for about a thirht of the way, and put the cap back in shape. its fine now, but i think i need to glue the cap back.

    what kind of glue should i use? some dutch amp builder recommended contact glue, so i got some, but there where different kinds. what is the correct type of glue?
  2. rdkill

    rdkill Guest

    Jan 20, 2003
    The classic to use is "Duco Cement"
  3. I found a speaker website, and they sell speaker glue, it's made for stuff like that...I don't know about the cement..but it seems to be good stuff...
  4. AnTz0r

    AnTz0r Guest

    Feb 24, 2003
    Delft, The Netherlands
    whats the url?
  5. K-Frog


    Feb 6, 2002
    Camden, AR, USA
    I used black RTV type sealant. A little under the edfe of the cap and then a thin film around the perimeter to finish it off. Looked and worked nice. Easy too.