1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

What kind of Hipshot detuner goes on a Squier Classic Vibe 60s P-Bass?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by J03YW, Nov 27, 2012.

1. J03YW

J03YW

Nov 23, 2012
    Hey, I'm getting a Squier Classic Vibe 1960s model P-bass soon, so I looked on Hipshot's site to look for one of those fancy little switches that flips your E string to a D, but I got confused by all the models and what not. Which one would work on said bass?

2. friskinator

friskinator Supporting Member

Apr 5, 2007
    Georgia
    I just ordered the BT1 for my new CV Precision. Tried a BT7 and it didn't work, so I'm hoping the new one fits. I think the BT7 might work on some of the older ones that have the Mexican-style tuners, though.

3. Contact Hipshot perhaps?

Just a wild thought I had....

4. J03YW

J03YW

Nov 23, 2012
    lol, sorry for being a doofus, i'll do that

5. Ricketboy

Ricketboy

Nov 27, 2012
    London
    Or, save your $$$$, get used to flicking your E string tuning peg down to an octave lower than your D string by ear. Practice will make it easy.

6. J03YW

J03YW

Nov 23, 2012
    Bill says bt1, but the site says it fits musicman and G&L after a check. I emailed him back just now, I'm fairly confused

7. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Nov 5, 2005
    Tuning out loud on stage is considered unprofessional by most - I consider the money I spent on my Hipshots to be a wise expenditure...

- georgestrings

8. We have a winner !!!

9. gidbass

gidbass Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    +1