Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What Kind of Ibanez is this?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by CEM, Sep 5, 2002.

1. CEM

CEM Guest

Nov 3, 2001
    Cincinnati, OH
    Someone gave me an Ibanez bass and it has no model # or anything except the Ibanez name on the headstock. It is a unique lookinf headstock and since I don't have a pic, I drew a crude pic of it in Paint...also the "horns" on the body are very pointy if that makes any sense. Any info will be appreciated. Thanks.

CEM

2. CEM

CEM Guest

Nov 3, 2001
    Cincinnati, OH
    here is the pic I meant to put in...

3. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    well, that actually looks like a typical ibanez inline 4 headstock...maybe an rg series? all i can tell you is that it wouldn't be a soundgear or ergodyne series. sorry, more information please sir...pickup configuration? body shape? bridge type? number of frets? color? is the input jack in the front or is it on the bottom?

4. CEM

CEM Guest

Nov 3, 2001
    Cincinnati, OH
    It has a reverse p and j configuration, Volume, Blend and Tone knobs (rubber), the jack is on the side - I have no idea what kind of bridge (Gotoh?) the body shape is similar to Warmoths Dinky P it is black gloss the wood seems really light like basswood or alder maybe. I think 22 frets but I can check that when I get home....

5. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    sounds like an rg or an artist series to me...

6. CEM

CEM Guest

Nov 3, 2001
    Cincinnati, OH
    I can't seem to find any info on the net or the Ibanez site. Any idea what sort of pups might be in this thing?
    Thanks for your help so far:)

7. CEM

CEM Guest

Nov 3, 2001
    Cincinnati, OH
    I've got pics now - this should help

8. CEM

CEM Guest

Nov 3, 2001
    Cincinnati, OH
    and another

9. I think it's an EX series? Probably a normal P/J setup would fit.

10. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    It looks to be a RD-707 (the bass version of the RG guitar line, available in the late 80's). I've found a few pictures here and here.

11. CEM

CEM Guest

Nov 3, 2001
    Cincinnati, OH
    Based on the pics I'd say it is the RD 707....thaks all for your help:)