1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

what kind of Jazz pickups are these?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by RockBoxBass, Jul 16, 2008.

1. RockBoxBass

RockBoxBass Supporting Member

I hope someone can help! Does anyone recognize these? They have a serial or model number on the bottom and the pole pieces are all the same height. They are on a USA Fender Jazz. thanks!
    102_2158.gif
    102_2157.gif

2. RockBoxBass

does anyone have these in their USA jazz? are they stock?

3. DavidRavenMoon

DavidRavenMoon Inactive

Oct 20, 2004
    They look like the newer plastic bobbin Fender pickups.

4. RockBoxBass

do you know what model?? thanks a bunch

5. DavidRavenMoon

DavidRavenMoon Inactive

Oct 20, 2004
    Not off hand... but someone here should.

I've just see them when people bring me basses to put new pickups in.

I have a whole box of the Strat pickups made like that.

6. This pickup design is the crap Fender have been installing on their lower priced basses (eg. Hwy1, Squire maybe). I took both out of my early Hwy1 jbass and installed two new pickups I made, which was a great improvement. Note that I have an early Hwy1, not the upgrade, so I have no idea what they're installing in those.

The model..."cheap". It's to be expected that these will not be advertised on their web site, just hide them in some of the basses instead...

Which USA Fender do you have? I'd be surprised if these were on the Standard and Vintage model basses unless you bought it used.

7. RockBoxBass

Its a 1994 american standard. And yes I bought it used. had i owned it since new, I would know what kind they were (me being a smart ass). It has a leo quan bridge also , so I didnt know if they were stock or not.

8. Well, if that's what a smart ass does, then keep doing it :). Confirmation before buying is always best, but no problem with your buy as it's easily solved. Those pickups are not worth worrying about. If you buy a real set (plenty to choose from), you won't be dissapointed.

9. RockBoxBass

thanks! Im thinking some nordstrands......

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 3, 2021